Last night we had a Family Home Evening on missionary work. Well, let me go back, it all started on Sunday, at church. Most LDS wards are on the same lesson, so as you know, the lesson on Sunday in Relief Society was on missionary work. We have 1-4 church so when church is over we grab dinner from the crock pot and eat fairly quickly upon arriving at home. Thus, much of our dinner conversation is, "what did you learn in class today?"
Justin: I like Sister Seaney, I like getting candy on Sunday. Is it fast Sunday next Sunday because we don't get candy on Fast Sunday.
Jakey: I am not sure, my teacher was back though. I played with....(some story goes here about some boy standing on a chair, I zoned out, my bad!)
Kevin: I don't know....I had the baby.
Me: It was on missionary work. Blogging and missionary work. :)
There is a benefit to having a RS presidency calling. I actually get to hear the lesson. My mom got called into nursery and she wasn't at church this past Sunday but I don't know if I'm ready to send Jayden in there. For now we're sending her to Elder's Quorum. None of them bite. :)
Back to missionary work. This lead to a short conversation about missionary work. Basically Justin asking if Kevin or I had gone on missions and why not. Dinner ended because Jayden finally managed to get ahold of the spoon I was weilding and flung sweet potato chicken at everyone around the table. Spiritual moment over.
Me being the slacker mom I am and procrastinator, just went with missionary work for FHE rather than plan something else. We started our discussion by asking Justin what he thinks missionaries do.
"They eat dinner at other people's houses."
"They wear suits on days other than Sunday."
and..."They don't watch TV for two. whole. years."
Jakey's answers were more inspired..."They teach people." "They visit the sick." and "They help people."
Ok....
So....
What will YOU, my two little future missionaries, be doing when YOU are on YOUR mission?
Justin: "I'm going to teach people to play Yugioh."
WHAT?!?! We all said, "you mean the Gospel?" Nope. He means Yugioh. We discussed how Yugioh is a nice game and all but Heavenly Father would really like missionaries to spread the gospel. So far, he's not having it. He wants to spread the RPG (Role Playing Game.)
This reminds me of what Jakey used to think about Kindergarten. For a year before Jakey started Kindergarten we'd ask him, "What are they going to teach you in Kindergarten?" and he would say, "How to cross the monkey bars!" The first week of school came and instead of learning his letters and how to write his name, Jakey could hardly hold a pencil because his hands were so blistered from trying to cross the monkey bars. Within a few weeks he conquered the monkey bars and proudly announced..."I learned how to cross the monkey bars in Kindergarten!"
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

1 comment:
This is priceless ! I love it ! And I miss candy on fast Sunday too !
Post a Comment