Sunday, September 24, 2006

Survived The Weekend!

Friday was crazy with the Primary program practice in the afternoon and Kevin came home from Arizona. I was so exhausted by the end of it that I went to bed very early Friday night. Saturday I ran around like a crazy person getting a group gift card for my friend's "shower" and getting my hair cut and grocery shopping. Then Saturday night we had a stake dinner, tribute to our former stake RS Pres then the General Relief Society Broadcast. That was fantastic! (Don't you think so?) Then after the broadcast about 11 of us went to Baker's Square for pie and Shannon (pg friend who's pg we were celebrating) had NO IDEA it was a total surprise we were there to honor her :) So that was fun.

Today was our program and it went ok. We have 25 kids (not many at all really) and we went over by 30 minutes! Overall it went well though, besides kids swearing they desperately had to go pee in the middle of the program and one child who wouldn't say anything but "pizza' into the microphone (who the bishop promptly removed from the stand and had a firm talking to after Sacrament Meeting), overall though, it was good. At least it's over.

So we left church 30 mins early so I could take Kevin and the boys home and get to my mom's ward. I got to her building on time, now she's been saying her ward is big, and I've seen them some what but now I realize that was is REDICULOUSLY large. That ward will probably be split, it's something like you'd expect in Utah (2 nurseries, 2 Sunbeam classes, insanity!). So I counted when the kids went up (Natalle and Erica were in the program) - 70!!! And they only went over by like 20 minutes! Anyhow I decided that since the boys were napping I would just stay for the adult classes since I haven't attended Relief Society in forever, it was very nice - I didn't have to ask anyone to sit still or stop interrupting! Woohoo!

Anyhow so now here I sit, having attended nearly 6 hours of meetings, I have my fill of the Spirit for sure for today! I'm exhausted and so glad this program is over!

Onto more interesting things in the morning....Just thought I'd mention where I've been!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm glad the program is done . . . now maybe you'll get a little down time before the next "big thing" :)

maren out my laundry said...

I've been worried about you woman, I haven't talked to you since like Friday??? Get online and quite spending all that qualtiy time with your hubby ;)
Glad the porgrm went well!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed