to homeschool Jakey. We found a really good public charter school for him to attend, and started the enrollment process and have decided we're going to give this a try. He did the online assessments so they can place him in the right courses and he did so great at the math test! I'm so proud of him! Now later today he's going to do the writing test and we'll finish his enrollment packet and get that mailed off and then wait for his books and computer to arrive. I set him up with a piano teacher who is using the same program for her six kids, and we're both excited because on Wednesdays she'll keep my children in the morning so I can run errands and she can give Jakey a piano lesson and on Thursdays I'll go to her house and help her out by tutoring her 6th grader (just for the different perspective I can give) and babysit while she goes to a quilting thing at the church. So that will be nice to still have one day a week to make drs appts or to run errands, etc. Everything is really falling into place, so I'm sure that this is the right decision for our family.
Anyhow we're removing Jakey from his school immediately so he's home today for the placement testing and to help me get the house organized, a part of his "school day" will be spent on some household chores so by helping me with housework today we'll figure out what those will be and try to establish some kind of routine before his books arrive. It is nice having him home, Justin's beyond thrilled.
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment