Surprisingly, for the first time in all the years we've had a child in public school - there was a CHRISTMAS program. No, not a HOLIDAY program, or WINTER program, a CHRISTMAS program. They sang/played Christmas songs and I was SHOCKED! On one hand I silently said, "Good for you, school! For recognizing your Christian majority!" and silently did think, just a little, "Happy Holidays, Happy Hannukah, and Happy Kwanza! To all the families of our school district whose holiday is going unnoticed..." I had to reconcile myself with a little PC'ness. I mean, I really do feel a little bad that a Jewish kid in the school may have felt slighted by all the Christmas stuff, yk? Anyhow, back on topic. Jacob played the flutaphone. Wanna hear?????
It was cute! Next year he wants to join the Orchestra and play in the percussion section - the DRUMS! LOL
Jacob and his friend, Michael.
1 comment:
Congrats on the program. Sounds like he made you proud!
Post a Comment