Friday, December 15, 2006

What I never knew

I never knew that there was so many ways of making Funeral Potatoes. Our ward Christmas dinner is tonight and I was asked to make some...sure no prob. Then on Sunday the Activities person brought me a recipe. Ok, I can do this. I'm LDS, it comes with the territory right? Ha! Wrong! So I take my little list to the grocery store, and then I look at the recipe for the first time. It says hashbrowns, does it mean grate some potatoes up, buy premade, if so the square ones or the shredded ones? Then I go to look at the corn flakes, should I buy the already crushed or the regular kind and crush them at home? I decide, frozen grated hashbrowns, and to crush my own cornflakes. I get home and do the first part mixing the hashbrowns, cream of chicken soup, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper together. Then I read the next part, after I throw all of that in the oven I'm supposed to layer the cornflakes and cheese....um in actual layers? With cornflakes on top or bottom? Several phone calls to ward members revealed NONE of them are using the recipe I was given, have ever done it that way, are using their great-granny-who-made-these-on-the-trail-west's recipe (well not really but it is a family recipe)....so I'm on my own, I mixed the cornflakes and cheese...I'm a rebel....well the timer just went off....gotta go see what a mess I made of things!

1 comment:

Kara said...

LOL! We just had our ward Christmas dinner last night too, and there were at least 10 different types of funeral potatoes!!! Hope yours turned out yummy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed