Wednesday morning, 10 am.
Cell phone rings from kitchen charger.
I run to grab it...
and...
BAM! Jayden's high chair jumps up from across the room and attacks my little toe...mangling it.
Well, not really.
But I did run into PRETTY, DANG HARD.
So, I try to compose myself and answer the phone through gritted teeth: "Hello!"
It's Angela, a classmate who NEVER, EVER, EVER answers her own phone returning my call. I just broke my toe for the #1 person to understand when you don't pick up and she gets your voicemail. So lame on my part, LOL!
Angela and Jennifer helped me hobble around. Ang tried to find a good parking space at BC but let's face it, there is no good parking at BC. LOL I walked on it all day Wednesday.
Thursday the bruising and swelling got crazy bad so I went to the podiatrist. He recommended keeping it elevated and staying off of it for 2 weeks at least...um yeah. No.
Friday I did my 12 hour clinical day with TWO residents to myself for the first time and not to be all haughty and braggy but yeah, I did good. I managed it, and besides on breaks or with my friends the residents did not know I had a broken toe and was in serious pain.
Anyhow it's super bruised, across the entire top of my foot, so I recommend NOT running for the cellphone - let it go to voicemail.
Oh and we kicked that highchair right out the backdoor...skip that! She's getting a booster!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
Yikes!! Sorry about your toe! But great job on your school-stuff.
My husband broke his pinky toe in, like, our second year of marriage and they don't do anything for broken toes, it seems. Poor guy rammed it into a dresser ... ouch. So I have not experienced the pain but I have seen it.
Also: I like the way you wrote this up. It's got a good literary flair to it! Your introduction brought me right in!! :-)
Bummer about the boo-boo! If you don't have healthy feet, you can't do much of anything.... Where's a new picture of Jayden? You know I am missing her cute little face!
Glad to hear school/work is going well and glad you have study buddies to make it easier....:)
XOXOXOXOXOX to J. Linda
Post a Comment