Monday, October 27, 2008

Just when we thought we were done having babies...

Today is the very last day we're gonna have a baby! Jayden is turning 1 tomorrow and will officially become a toddler.

So we tried our hardest to come up with some way to make this the most special last day of babyhood that we could...

...we came up with making her NOT the baby of the family anymore!

Are you shocked?

Imagine my surprise when I found this scene...

IF YOU CAN'T SEE ALL FOUR CLICK THE PICTURE!


Ha! Yep...our dog had puppies today! She delivered four of them! During this pic she went outside to use the bathroom so I took the opportunity to get a better shot than Big-Ball-Of-Furs-Nursing that I was getting.

Anyhow, it was a crazy birth! I went in my bedroom to get some homework and I heard her making funny sounds and I yelled at my sister-in-law to get in there! She came and moved Buddy up to where we could see what was going on, she'd birthed one under my bed (yuck) and Tab got that one out, and the other two looked good but Buddy wanted NOTHING to do with them. So, we resuscitated the one from under the bed, even going as far as Kevin's grandma gave it mouth to mouth and my friend rubbed it and rubbed it and finally it started crying and perked up and warmed up! It was amazing! Buddy ran off and eventually came back to Kevin's drawer and gave birth to a fourth puppy on the top of Kevin's jeans. Awesome! LOL Then she wanted all her babies and started mothering them and nursing. It was so cool!

Anyhow, I guess we're grandparents? LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . congrats . . . "gramma"! ;)

Tina said...

Bah... You totally psyched me out!

Congratulations! The puppies are adorable!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Not exactly what I thought I was going to be reading. I thought maybe Jaydenwas going to get a sister.*sigh*
Oh, well, puppies are nice, too.
Congratulations! You are a granddog!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed