I made it through the first day! I rode the bus this morning and it was amazingly full of students going to the college! Standing room only! The men stood so that the women could have seats - and they say chivalry is dead! LOL
Anyhow, my English teacher just had us do a baseline essay to see where we're at and then we were free to go so I managed to get out of there at 9:00 am and I was able to make it BARELY in time for the morning orientation for my math class instead of waiting around for the 2:30. After orientation I stood in a LONG line for the bookstore and actually managed to get through in a decent amount of time. I rode the bus back to the mall by my house and Kevin and the kids met me there.
Jayden was SO happy to see me (or my boobs, either way) and she did really well with Kevin. Kev managed to be off today so he just kept the kids. After school I did 2.5 hours of math and went to Costco and Barnes & Noble with my mom to find a dictionary. Whew at Barnes and Noble there was this really long line of people waiting for help and the worker was coming back from the back and dropped something and I stopped him to hand it to him and the whole line started yelling and freaking out thinking that I was asking him for help! Everyone in that line was amazingly upset! Craziness! I think the heat is getting to people.
Well this is an unorganized blog if ever there was one, with very little point, but I have fractions swimming in my head and how to find the area of a triangle and other fun factoids and I NEED to shower quickly and get in bed.
Other bits of random around our house:
* Jakey saved cans for months and used the money today to buy a Nintendo 64, it's actually kind of fun!
* The investigator the missionaries wanted to bring to FHE didn't show up, but we had a great FHE with the missionaries (who we also fed dinner) with The Want Monster. At the end of the lesson Jayden was overjoyed to get to destroy the Want Monster, LOL! (Trust me, this had more gospel relevance than you can imagine.)
Ok, goodnight!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

1 comment:
I'm glad you survived the first day of school! Sounds like a crazy busy day...good luck with everything!
Post a Comment