Naptime is holy time in our house. Jayden finally goes to sleep and ends her shrill cries to be held, and screeches in frustration over her limited mobility and the house is quiet. Since we have hardwood floors, no one can walk during naptime. I know, I used to say "I'll never let my child be one of those kids that everyone has to tiptoe around while they nap" yeah that was just because my first two children didn't demand that of me...us being quiet for 1.5 hours while J naps is a small price to pay for a happy baby at the end of that 1.5 hours. People who say that still got lucky and just never had a baby that needed absolute peace and quiet for their baby to nap in. Lucky them.
Since it is summer and Jakey and Justin are in full "He's touching me!" mode, this means that we must have QUIET TIME every day. Jakey goes to my room and reads quietly on my bed, Justin cries quietly over the injustice of it all and then conks out for as long as Jayden does, and Jayden snoozes in her crib. The sound of her demanding to be removed from her crib is the sound that breaks the silence. And it is silent, except for the sound of Jakey's pages turning, and my fingers clacking on the keyboard as I finish school papers, return emails, or BLOG! LOL!
I woke up at 5:30 am this morning, I should be napping too...
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
Ah, to be young and full of energy---and I mean you! At my age, I am in awe of you and your spunk...
You go girl!
POP ON OVER TO MY BLOG TO SEE THE AWARD I HAVE PASSED ON TO YOU!!!
Post a Comment