When Kevin gets ready for the day he hops out of bed, grabs his clothes, takes a shower, grabs some food, stomps all around the house, and then is out the door without waking any of the children, without any disruptions, and really without being all that quiet.
When I get ready I try to untangle myself from Jayden and silently roll off the bed like I'm escaping the enemy after being captured in war, I set my clothes outside the room the night before, I silently sneak to the bathroom and don't turn on the light, and pray my shower is quiet enough. I don't take food or anything like that because it would make too much noise. And I STILL wake up Jayden as I try to quietly slip on my socks.
Why? Kev totally stomps through the house with steel-toed boots and I tip-toe around in socks....Is there an alarm I'm tripping somewhere?
Well...I'm up and off for my clinic day! Posts you can look forward to seeing from me this weekend are: Preschool is Hard! (a photo of Justin, slumped over his "homework" at the kitchen table totally asleep) and The Black Kneed Baby Adventures (is it time to mop? Jayden's knees are black these days!)
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

4 comments:
Forget trying to be quiet - they can smell you !!
This cracked me up! I totally hear you on the stealth maneuvers. Just yesterday Larry and I whispered about how to turn on the shower so it wouldn't wake the baby. ;)
Seriously! Darren can stomp down the stairs, slam doors, and let his alarm go off for a half an hour but if I so much as roll over in the bed I roll over to three sets of eyes staring back at me.
it's that maternal connection---she can't get by w/o that....
Post a Comment