Thursday, September 04, 2008

My Intelligence Has Been Insulted

So in English class, which is online, we took a quiz this week that was largely based off of the syllabus. Things like that professor's requirements for how assignments should be turned in, etc. It felt very 3rd grade but whatever. So today she gets back these quizzes from everyone and I'm assuming based on the emails we've received and the updates to the assignments for next week - alot of my classmates are not figuring out how she would like things to be. First of all, there was an email sent out specifying that particular attention be paid to how we spell her name because the adding of a single letter makes a derrogatory term, and apparently a lot of my classmates have done this. Then she added a SECOND quiz that covers, AGAIN, the syllabus information. I'm sorry, but I am having issues with my MLA Works Cited entry homework...I don't have time to reiterate that I am doing what she asked and got a 100% on the first quiz on the subject. I'm torn between writing her an email saying that I'd rather be using the time I would waste on the second quiz about the syllabus trying to figuring out how to write a proper Works Cited entry, but between typing that up and this blog entry it would take less time to do the dang quiz again. I sure hope that she doesn't keep this up...I can understand that some of my classmates are not living up to their side of the online-class-bargain, but I'm busting my hiney and I don't have time for nonsense assignments because these kids can't read.

Ok vent over...back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Pics tomorrow, I promise! I have a 12 hour clinical day...I can fit blog updating in...somewhere....

2 comments:

Beth said...

Grr! So sorry you had to retake the dumb quiz. I agree it's probably not worth the time to fight it, but seriously, you *should* insist that you get what you pay for! You paid tuition and fees; you should expect to learn something from the class besides the hoops she wants you to jump through!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

That's pretty crazy. Is she old or forgetful? Are these other 'students' really so far behind? Does she have to repeat the same test to get some of them through the program? You are getting sc****d......

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed