I am saddened that McCain did not win last night. I don't think the world is going to end or anything because Barack Obama won the presidency, and I don't think he's going to do a poor job even, I just wish McCain had won. The thing that actually bothers me about the whole thing is that it's the young crowd that voted him in and I really feel put off by their reasoning. After seeing the msypace's of a lot of 18, 19, and 20 year olds I think they either just voted for him because he is black, or because he is cool, or because he is young(er than McCain), or whatever but no substantial reasons like, "I voted for him because of his sound economic policy" or "because he has a better healthcare plan" or whatever. There are ADULTS that did cite those things and their vote weighs on me, I can respect it and be glad that they got their choice for president, it's the teens, the naive kids, who chose our president though and it just bothers me for some reason.
Sure right now none of them has the potential to make over $250,000 a year, but that's narrow minded to think that taxing people over $250,000 isn't going to hurt them. I pray this tax plan doesn't pass into law because Kevin works for a small business that would be DEVESTATED under this tax plan. And when your employer gets devestated, so do you.
I'm glad so many people will hopefully get healthcare under Obama's plan...I just hope I'm not the one footing the bill. We can barely afford our own insurance.
I hope Obama restores the world's view of our country.
I hope he can find a way to safely end the war. I don't think it'll be done in 18 months, but good luck to him.
I just hope everything is ok. And I hope we raise the voting age, and while we're at it, the age to enlist in the military. After having a 19 year old cousin discharged from the military (less than honorably) because he honestly didn't really REALIZE the ramifications of joining the military during a time of war and getting scared to go on his tour of duty, I can say that these kids (18-20 year olds) just aren't prepared to make adult choices like joining the military or voting for president. They are short sighted.
Heck, even Jakey voted for Obama at school. Why? Because the kid campaigning for Obama offered him candy...
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
Lots of really good points here -- thanks, Dawn. I do wonder how many voters voted the way they did because of superficial reasons, and I wonder (with a bit of worry) about the ramifications of all the proposals Obama wants to enact.
But I'm hopeful that everything will be all right in the end. I didn't vote for Obama, but I do think that he loves America and hopefully his passion will make our country a better place.
I'll need to talk to Scott about the Red Robbin idea since there is a slight possiblity he might be going with a bunch of females. If he gets called into work us girls will be there.
Josh wanted to vote for Obama because blue is his favorite color,lol. Then he changed his mind on election night.
He came home from school yesterday and said,"Mom,I'm sorry but Obamana won. Are you ok?" He is a funny kid!
Post a Comment