Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Exhausted Randomness

My mom's house FINALLY sold and she's moving into our ward, which is a GREAT thing because we need her to be our 3rd hour babysitter as Kevin and I got new callings (RS Secretary and EQ 2nd counselor, for those who wanted to know LOL), and so 3rd hour we need her to watch Jayden since she's not old enough for nursery. Anyhow, I've been helping her pack and move all week. I am SORE all over! In good news, I've managed to find all kinds of pictures and awards and things from my childhood!

I'm too tired to pull together a proper blog post, but wanted to blog while I rest my tired body...so....here are my random thoughts...

Recently Kevin and I switched to T-Mobile for our cellphone service. Have you seen their commercials? The premise of the service is that you choose five people (Five Faves) that you can call unlimited amounts of time, and then have a pool of minutes for everyone else. Sounds good huh? Well...I had to really think - who are the top five people I call?

I dont' really like talking on the phone that much, I prefer IM, so my best friend Yaneth (who also happens to have T-mobile) and I hardly ever speak on the phone, we almost always communicate online, or in short phone calls. So she is not in my top five, nor am I in hers. Strange best friends, aren't we? LOL

My mom, now I talk to her on both her cellphone and her house phone frequently, and when she's at home, she won't answer her cellphone, so I HAVE to call her housephone. So, which should I put in my fave five? Well, I ended up going with both...she's a FAVE FIVE HOG. LOL

Then there is my husband (why is he third on this list of randoms? Well I guess cause he's a given, but he really is #1 on my fave fives in my actual phone)...he got a T-Mobile personal cell, plus his verizon work phone, so now he's one of those super nerds carrying TWO cellphones everywhere.

So, my mom has two spots, Kevin has one, I have two spots left...I look at my caller ID and think - who do I talk to the most/longest on my caller id...well that's a tie between Stephanie and Shannon, so I add them. At the time Stephanie did not have a cellphone, so I put in her house phone and Shannon and I usually talk while she's on her cell so I put that in.

Now, I have Kevin, my mom's house, my mom's cellphone, Shannon, and Stephanie...my FIVE FAVES. I have to keep them locked in their positions for 30 days - then I can change and that gets locked in for 30 days. Soooooooooooooo...my mom moves and her house number changes, Stephanie gets a cell and drops her houseline, Kevin frequently forgets his new cellphone because he hates carrying two, and Shannon goes over her cell minutes and starts watching it more closely and I'm talking to her more on her housephone than ever! LOL Looks like I'll be redoing my FAVE FIVE in 15 more days when my initial 30 days are up! Can you really choose five phone numbers that you call the most? LOL

So, in non-phone related news, my mom has been buying boxes for her move at Goodwill for approximately $2 a box. We pile these beautiful white boxes, filled with everything in her house in the living room and she proclaims: "This is so much easier than all those oddly shaped supermarket boxes you get for free when you move, Dawn." And I say - "If I spent $300 on boxes, and $300 on the truck to move the boxes - I might as well just buy all new stuff when I get there cause our house is decorated in handme down, garage sale, shabby used style!" $2 boxes - Whatever! LOL

And last but not least - my textbook came for my English class. I've been worried about this class a bit but when I opened the book and on the very first page there was a strip of the comic - Zits. In it, the main character tells his friend he should start a blog, his friend asks if he has one and he says he has several. His friend then asks, "What do you have to say that would fill several blogs?" and he replies, "you'd be surprised..." The last frame has him at the computer typing "You'd be surprised," I cooly replied. Any book that has a funny about blogging at the beginning of it can't be that bad, can it?

So there you have it, a blog that didn't make sense...and all for the sake of simply blogging. I will take my Tylenol PM and Diet Pepsi and head to bed now...night all!

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I guess I don't understand the cellphone thing. I know they are helpful if you have problems on the road but for every day? I guess I'm old fashioned that way. With money being such an issue for everyone, I'd think that they would be one of the first unnecessary items-LOL.....
Glad you found a positive in your text book. You're right. Blogging would be a positive there!

Jennie said...

i love randomness!

i am verizon so i have tried to get everyone i know to switch to verizon! that way it is free to any of them!

i love my phone! i am not sure how i ever functioned without it!

let's not remind my husband how against them i was when he first suggested i get one! lol!

Stacey said...

Congrats on the new calling and the 3rd hour babysitter. ;)

We have had T-Mobile since it was Voicestream so it's been almost 10 years now. I don't talk a lot on the phone,I'm an IM'er as well. We have 1,000 minutes and we usually use about 400-500 at most. Our cells are our only phones so we have to have lots of minutes "in case".

I love my cell phone,I feel naked if I forget it at home.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed