Gosh, I can't think of the last time I went to a nonmember's house for dinner (all my friends are through church).
I was thinking about it the other way around, since my husband wants to have a coworker over for dinner sometime, and realized that we'd still bless the food. It's part of who we are, especially since it's our home.
But someone else's home? I would probably feel awkward; I don't know.
I agree with Rachel. Saying something silently is a good idea. Or perhaps even saying an out-loud family prayer before going over to their house, asking for Father's blessing on the food and on your hosts?
Kevin and I were married April 7, 2000, but we'd been dating since late 1997, so we've been together for over 10 years now! Kevin is driving truck for a local oilfield supply company and for now I'm staying at home with the kiddos, but that's soon to change when I return to school this summer!
5 comments:
Gosh, I can't think of the last time I went to a nonmember's house for dinner (all my friends are through church).
I was thinking about it the other way around, since my husband wants to have a coworker over for dinner sometime, and realized that we'd still bless the food. It's part of who we are, especially since it's our home.
But someone else's home? I would probably feel awkward; I don't know.
Hm, I don't know either. But I'm not always good at saying prayers over my own food so I probably wouldn't.
I don't. Sometimes I will say something silently but I like them to respect my beliefs in my home so I just try and do what they do in theirs.
I agree with Rachel. Saying something silently is a good idea. Or perhaps even saying an out-loud family prayer before going over to their house, asking for Father's blessing on the food and on your hosts?
I really like that idea Kate! Thanks...those were all my thoughts as well.
Post a Comment