Monday, January 08, 2007

Over the moon!

I'm SO EXCITED! In December during a particularly hard time of Kevin being gone for 12 days straight, I applied online for a job for him with the city we live in. Today, the Human Resources Manager called!!! He needs Kevin's DMV printout faxed in and then next week he should interview Kevin for the position. Kevin is working in AZ this week so fortunately the DMV is going to let me get his print out, I have an appt tomorrow at 10:30 to pick it up and then fax it in to the HR for the city. I SOOOOOOOOO hope that he gets this! The pay is slightly less but I expect between paying less for health insurance and not having weeks of no work here and there, he'll be making just about the same when you average it out over the year. Plus no more overtime, no more 80 hour weeks! He'll probably still work some, but it'll be reasonable, like in the 10-15 extra hours per week instead of 40 extra. Most importantly - HE'LL BE WORKING WITHIN CITY LIMITS! Duh, working for the city, no more traveling!!!!! Yay!!!!

So KEEP EVERYTHING CROSSED!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I hope it works out for you guys!! Let us know!

Kara said...

Oh, good luck!!! I hope he gets it!

maren out my laundry said...

hope this works out!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed