Thursday, April 05, 2007

Let The Games Begin!

Things were really going too smoothly weren't they?

Last night I was making dinner and I got a really painful ache in my back just long enough to notice it and then it was gone. A minute or so later I stepped to the side to grab something and "whoosh!" I stood there and thought, I just had a transvaginal u/s - it's the goop (this was the day after the t/v u/s). Finally I got the courage to go look and sure enough, bright, red, blood.

I called the advice nurse and she said that I had to go in because I'm RH Negative and needed rhogham. (This is the advice nurse for my insurance.) Anyhow, so I go in and wait for hours and hours and hours. They do a pelvic and I'm closed with no tissue, but still bleeding bright red. They give me an IV and take blood and run labs and give me the Rhogam shot, but say the u/s won't be scheduled for in the morning. I said, NO! I was going to go home and call my dr in the morning - I didn't want to stay in the hospital any longer. (They wouldn't call him and his message thingy wasn't working last night.) So they released me at 3:00 am.

I called my dr first thing in the AM and he had me come in ASAP. I got there and immediately had a u/s - baby is totally great, I have a subchoronic bleed. Baby measures 7w4d which is 2 days further than Tuesday LOL, and a heartrate of 167. The dr came in and I told him about them not calling him, and the message being messed up, and he gave me the number to call if I have an emergency and said he's so sorry, he would have been there if he had known and taken care of me himself. I'm on bedrest, he says "toilet, shower, fridge for like 20 seconds - that's it!" and I have weekly u/s' to check the bleed and the baby. My next u/s is next Tuesday. So far baby is hanging in there!

Here is a u/s pic from today - the bleed is the dark spot to the right of the baby
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here is the pic with the baby's heartrate on it - I just thought it was cool :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Kara said...

Scary! I'm glad your cute little baby is doing good though :) Hopefully the bleed goes away soon.

Stacey said...

I'm glad your baby is doing all right. :)

Lorie said...

Hope everything goes well. Bedrest really does work, eventhough it is not much fun!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed