Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I, as uncreative or craft-untalented as I am, learned how to crochet (somewhat) yesterday (well picked up a book and asked some questions) and I'm 1 skein - is that how you spell it? - of yarn through a blanket! I know, *I* learned a domestic skill...amazing huh?

I was told by my teacher to get *big* yarn at first and use a K crocheting hook the first time to make things easier - so in "big" yarn I ended up only finding one color I like - GRAPE. LOL So now I'm part way through a GRAPE blanket, but it's pretty cute. There's some stuff that's not "perfect" but nothing to unravel for.

Soooooooooooooo, today is stay-home-and-do-all-laundry day! We're leaving on vacation on Friday and I need to get all our clothes clean so that I can sort what we'll need for two weeks away and get ready to pack. I've decided to for-go suitcases in favor of large plastic totes from Walmart...LOL (What! I'm not going to a hotel, I'm going to a cabin in the woods!) They're perfect! They stack well, hold alot, and don't zip! Yay!

Y'all gonna miss me??? TWO weeks away! Starting Friday! :) When I get back I'm going to bog down my blog with TONS of pics of our trip.

Well Jakey's at Scout Day Camp and I just have Justin so I have a ton of housework to do while I'm down a kid. Be back later to comment on everyone! Gotta start the dishwasher and washing maching - exciting huh?

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I hope you all have a great vacay! I can't wait to see pics!

Jennie said...

lovin the grape playlist! i am a big fan of the grape color too! right now i am lovin the bright orange and lime green! they remind me of sherbet and i love sherbet!

how fun! a 2 week vacation! i am so jealous! i hope that you have fun! i will miss your posts!

Jenn said...

Wow, 2 weeks?? How do you get lucky enough for such a long vacation?

I always do the twins' stuff in a big rubbermaid when we go for a few days. So much easier!

Also, I'm a little weirded out by the plain white theme you have going on here....it just doesn't match your personality! I want some flare back!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed