Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ok, so after a rough couple of days, I've decided I really, REALLY, need an "I am thankful for..." post!

I am thankful for:

* Justin, he gets into stuff, and makes life very "interesting", but he's absolutely ADORABLE, and SO smart!! Since his favorite thing in the world is food, all I have to do is put a bologna sandwich in front of him and I win the "Best Mommy Ever" award, everytime! Like I've done something amazing just by making a sandwich. It's pretty cool! :)

* Jakey, Even though homeschooling him is difficult sometimes, and our personalities clash, it's AMAZING to watch him learn and grow. He's going to be the first of our children to become an official member later this year when he is baptized, and through his History unit this year (where we learned about the life of Christ and the beginnings of Christianity) - I've learned of his wonderful testimony. I've also seen how much he really knows, like all those Family Home Evenings finally paid off!!! :)

* Both boys, on Sunday after Nursery and Primary, they went RUNNING to eachother across the chapel, "Jakey!" "Justin!" and met like long, lost, friends in the middle, hugging. Then they walked hand in hand back to the pew. That'll make a momma's heart proud!!

* Kevin, he works SO hard so I can stay home. I know how rough it is for him to work 60-70 hours a week, sometimes more, so that I can be at home with the boys, when he wants to spend some time with them too. When I was on bedrest he brought me home a dozen roses and cleaned up the living room and set them in there so I'd have a really nice place to rest.

* Our New Baby - although the pregnancy has been difficult, I'm SO glad we're able to have another. After all the infertility, and pain from it, it's finally our turn to hav another baby! I'm beginning to feel a little flutter here and there and it's amazing. The boys list "loves them" every night and they always say, "The baby loves them." They're so excited to have a little brother or sister. (Although one wants a sister and one wants a brother and I'm only gonna make one happy! LOL)

* All of our extended Family - my mom, picks up meals, cleans up our house, helps with the boys, takes me to appointments, and just plain, gets me out of the house! Kevin's grandma - she takes me to dr's appts and stuff while my mom and Kevin are at work. Kevin's mom - babysits whenever we need help, last night she came after working a long hot day in a warehouse and sucked up all the water from my carpet!

* All my IRL and "internet" friends (some are both!) - for commenting, encouraging, emailing, me whenever I need the reassurance. For being just as excited as me when good things happen, and comforting me when the bad comes.

* My ward! Seriously, we're such a small ward, and it's HARD work to have all of us that are really active be in presidencies with husbands in presidencies and we're all usually really, really busy with our callings, but our ward is SO close! Last night the Young Women came to the door with a beautiful plant, they just wanted to tell me that they love me, we recently had alot of Primary girls move up, and they wanted me to know they missed Primary, but really love Young Women's. It made me feel like the kids DO notice their leaders, which isn't something I'd experienced much of yet. It was an amazing feeling, especially since no one in our ward but my one closest friend and Visiting Teacher knew about the flood. :) (Now I have to keep the plant alive! LOL)

Ok, so after listing it all, I AM incredibly blessed. :)

Oh and - my carpet is cleaner than EVER!!! The Great Flood prompted a steam cleaning of the carpets in this room!!! Yay!!! And MIL let us borrow her cleaner for a few days to do the other carpets in the house! :)

Ok, since I know at some point today I won't be grateful I woke up at 6:00 am, I better go take a short nap before the boys wake up for the day!! :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I've been trying hard to keep up with all my blogging friends and feel so bad when I don't have time to comment. Just know that I'm still here reading when I get a chance. I'm so glad things are going well and that you have so much to be thankful for!

Lorie said...

Hey Dawn! I tagged you for a meme on my blog! hehe

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed