Thursday, March 20, 2008

The First Day of Spring!



My baby girl was looking particularly spring-y the other day when I snapped this pic of her complete ability to sit unassisted - not even tripodding anymore! Let me tell ya about Jayden as an almost-5 month old.

She is pretty serious, she smiles, but rarely laughs, if she laughs it's because something was HILARIOUS - you really have to work for a laugh. To get her to smile though - all you have to do is call her "gorgeous", I think she might be a little vain! Eek!

She is still dabbling in the art of thumb sucking. Pacifier=teething toy, thumb=soothing. She does sometimes put both fists in her mouth and gnaw because the poor girl is tormented by her teeth. She's also quite the drool monster - her clothes are always drenched from the neck to the waist!

She talks ALOT. She babbles all day long and involves herself in everyone's conversations - she has ALOT to say and wants to be heard over everyone. When I'm on the phone she grabs it from my ear and does her "talking" into the phone, she wants to be the center of attention - no more phone time for mommy!

She feels the same way about the keyboard - I can't sign into anything anymore because she bangs on the keyboard and messes up my passwords! LOL She loves to watch the computer screen - especially if I'm looking at pictures - LOVES to look at pictures of kids and pets, especially dogs!

Jayden is a big kisser - she grabs your face and holds it still and then growls at you and lunges towards your face with her mouth wide open! She covers your mouth with hers and goes "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and then pulls back and smiles - these are her wonderful slobbery kisses - sometimes she tries to slip the tounge, we're going to have to talk to her about that!

Jayden's favorite outfit is her birthday suit! Another thing we're going to have to discuss with her is modesty! She would be naked all the time if we'd let her! Her favorite time of the day is bathtime just because she gets to be undressed for a while. She bathes 1/2 of the time in the kitchen sink and the other 1/2 the time in the bath with Justin. Justin has taught her to splash and so she sits in the tub and joins in the splashing fun - this is one of the things that make her laugh - splashing water is great!

Well, happy first day of Spring, I can't wait to see what all Jayden learns how to do by the first day of Summer!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Aww,what a cutie! She is getting so big!

Yay for spring!

Beth said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks -- and WOW, she is sitting really well for being so young!! What a doll.

I love that she gives kisses and talks to herself! That's so adorable. Cute, cute Jayden!!

Sarah A. said...

So cute! I know, everyone says it, but I can't believe how fast she is growing!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Isn't it wonderful to watch their little computers being programed? She is adorable. These next months are so precious. Enjoy yourself, you lucky woman!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed