Every time I've ever said those famous last words..."I'll never..." I am proved wrong in parenting.
"I'll never cosleep!" Uh huh. Then it's 3 am, and cold, and my bed is so nice and warm and who wouldn't want to be in it?
"I'll never spank my kids!" And then my 3 year old tries to dart into the parking lot of a grocery store when I am 5 days post c-section and nothing I do is preventing him from thinking this is a good idea as he lays on the ground screaming, kicking, and crying...the only thing that will bring him back to reality is a swift smack on the bottom and being pulled to standing.
"I'll never have one of those babies, whose schedule can't be broken." Jayden's sure making a liar out of me! She is so set in her ways that the slightest deviation from her schedule makes her an awful baby. You can't really take her out to eat because that's the time that she sleeps. At home she naps while we have dinner. She isn't the kind of baby who naps in her carseat either...no HER bed (well MY bed really) is the ONLY place that child will sleep.
So while I'm trying to calm Miss Fussypants who is overtired because we tried, yet again, to go out to eat during her nap time, I'm wracking my brain to think, is there anything else I said I'd never do? Because if there is I need to prepare! She's breaking all my "rules"!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

4 comments:
Kid's will do that to you! I have to laugh about the "Miss Fussypants"....we used to call Ryan Professor Fussybottom when he was little. I'm not sure where the professor part came from, but it stuck!
Yep... I had a long list of things I'd "never" do, too! Must come with the territory!
We don't have a Miss Fussypants around here. We have a Fussy McFusserson! ;)
Hear, hear! Good post. Kinda reminds me of this Dean Hughes quotes from "All Moms Go to Heaven" (a funny read!):
"Before we have children, we think most of the parents sitting in sacrament meeting ought to 'do something about their kids.' Once we have kids, we think everyone ought to be a lot more understanding about what we’re trying to survive during the meeting. And once our kids are grown, we think, 'I never let my kids get away with that.' We really all need to chill out."
So Logan's nickname is Mister Crankypants. Nathan and I say "Mr. C.P." for short ... or in public, when we don't want to look like "bad parents" to people who have no kids and don't have any clue how hard it really is! ;-)
Been there--done that! We're at the -why didn't they get a babysitter stage?--unless we have one of the grandkids with us. I think everyone has a bit of the parental hypocrit in them. we love to see happy, smiling babies but get a bit cranky ourselves when a loud or fussy or just screaming baby isn't taken out and given a good word from the parent.
The fussypants reminds me of when Mallory was about 5 and Hubby was a bit cross in the car. Not with her but with me. She wrote me a note(from backseat to frontseat). It said -Poppa is creaky, isn't he?
We laugh about that every now and then. I'll bring it up when he starts to growl about something-"creaky old poppa".
BTW- she meant 'cranky'.
She was so cranky when she got tired as a baby. We tried to always be home at bedtime!!!
Post a Comment