A few weeks back the next door neighbors had told us they were having a wedding at their house tonight and it would be very loud so we had made arrangements for the boys to stay at Kevin's mom's house because we knew they wouldn't be able to sleep through the music (loud Spanish music) but were ok with that because they had warned us, even invited us to join them. Anyhow, they did this for all the neighbors and STILL someone called the police on their party - I felt bad for them - I hope they don't think I did it! It was annoying, there were strobe lights coming through my kitchen windows, but I was fine with it.
Anyhow, we decided to play Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader...boys versus girls. Here we are getting ready to play...

That is Bryan, David, and Kevin

This is Yaneth (who is married to David), me, and Stephanie (married to Bryan)
Apparently we girls are NOT smarter than a 5th grader! Our questions were insanely difficult "What's the tallest mountain in the U.S.?" How would I know it's Mt. McKinley???? HUH? Their questions were easy like "What type of cat does Alice meet in Alice in Wonderland?" Um, Cheshire cat anyone?? Argh. So we lost.
We had set out The Newlywed Game but the boys refused to play, calling it the "Soon To Be Divorced Game" and pretended to be us saying, "Why don't you know my favorite way to have steak is medium? What you never listen to me when I order? We've been to dinner about 5 million times! That's stupid!" When that would NEVER happen - LOL!
Kevin got I Am Legend from David and Yaneth so after Bryan and Stephanie left to take their sitter home we watched the movie with David and Yaneth - it was pretty good...I'm still muddling through the book - not a great book, at all.
Anyhow, the Easter Bunny needs to come to our house so I can get to bed. The boys are coming home first thing in the morning. Happy Easter everyone!
Oh and don't mind that giant knot on my forehead in my pic - I pulled a curtain rod down on myself and gashed my head pretty bad and got a bad goose egg going on up there! OUCH!

4 comments:
it sounds like your party was great fun! i love it!
i am sorry about the knot on your head! ouch!
That sounds like fun! I didn't even notice the knot on your forehead until you mentioned it. I hope it's not hurting you too badly!
What a fun party!
Sorry about your goose egg.
too bad for your neighbors. sounds like they tried to do the right thing.
looks like some nice friends.
sounds like a great time. i chuckled on the Soon to be Divorced game.
we liked the i am legend movie.
hope you're icing that goose egg.
Post a Comment