Yesterday I had to take Jakey to Cub Scouts and we realized we were running a few minutes early so we decided to stop by Albertsons to get some wipes for Jayden while we were out. It was just the two of us, Jayden is still sick and I didn't want to take her out, and Justin seems to have it a bit too. As we head into the store, I reach out and grab Jakey's hand as we cross the parking lot. He looked at me, and at our hands, and said, "Are you holding my hand because
I need help crossing the parking lot, or because
you forgot how to cross a parking lot without holding hands?" LOL! I haven't been able to hold Jakey's hand while we cross a parking lot in like 3 years or so, and he's pretty capable of crossing the parking lot by himself, it's just a habit for me - I HAVE forgotten how to cross a parking lot without holding someone's hand! LOL
4 comments:
LOL! That's funny!
That is way funny! That is something I could see myself doing. When you have little kids,it just becomes a habit.
Nothing wrong with holding mom's hand. Sometimes I wish I could still do that,I always felt so secure. :D
That is very insightful on his part. They do grow up too fast.
pretty wise guy.....they do grow fast. and learn so much so soon. i think he is pretty sharp...
Post a Comment