Yesterday, during Gospel Doctrine, I sat in the hallway feeding Jayden with Kevin because there was standing room only in Gospel Doctrine and I wanted to tank her up to send her off to Elder's Quorum with Kevin. I have been in Primary for over two years, and every Sunday since I got released and we moved, had Jayden in the hallways during RS for the most part because she fusses a bit and I don't want to disturb anyone. So I had told Kevin last week, you must take her to Elder's Quorum! And he did!
I haven't actually sat there 100% paying attention to a RS Lesson in 2.5 years! It was awesome! The lesson (as all of you who are in RS know) was on Repentance, it was awesome! I never realized what all was going on in Joseph Smith's life at the time of the losing of the 118 pages of manuscript! His son dying and his wife so ill, and Martin Harris bugging him to continue to petition the Lord for the pages, what a ton of stress to be under. Then, as a testament to what an amazing person he was, he immediately was broken hearted and had a contrite spirit, and immediately began to repent. I am much slower to repent, I let myself keep the broken heart and contrite spirit for a good long time too before repentance and allowing those feelings to be turned from shame and sorrow into love and forgiveness.
Then we sang, "Come Unto Jesus" for our closing hymn and during the second verse is when I felt it, the Spirit, so strongly about the importance and love that is in repentance...
Come unto Jesus, he'll ever heed you. Though in the darkness you've gone astray. His love will find you and gently lead you. From darkest night, into day.
I am so glad that I was able to sit through an entire lesson! I asked Kevin if Jayden had been good for him and he said he didn't get to hear much of the lesson and then said, "It's Repentance, what all could there have been to the lesson? Do it. You need to do it. Period, that's all." and I had to tell him, there was so much more to the lesson!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
It's so nice when you can finally sit through a RS lesson without a baby.
btw. My blog address has changed. It's now http://puppydogtales.busymommy.us
So glad you got to enjoy Relief Society! Thanks for the recap (I'm in YW so I miss the RS lesson). What I love about the 118 pages story is how much he grows from this experience to the end of his life. Kind of gives me hope (because I'm one to cave under pressure right now). ;-) (And gosh, I had forgotten the pressure he was under at the time, too! Wow.)
That verse is really, really beautiful.
Post a Comment