"Hey Kev, leave the carseat on the porch please."
"Hey Kev, leave the carseat on the porch please."
"Hey Kev, leave the carseat on the porch please."
"Don't forget, carseat on the porch, thanks!"
You'd think ONE of those would get through....ARGH. Now I have a ride to the park and only the smelliest old carseat we used to use that still fits Justin but STINKS from cat pee cause Kev never listened to the 300 times I told him to put THAT in the GARAGE. Well I sprayed Febreeze - that's all I can do. That and glare angrily at the stupid carseat.
Anyhow, it's Justin's birthday! So you can continue to find my morning humorous you'll be glad to know that my cupcake pan has disappeared and so to make "cupcakes" for the park I put cupcake liners in a 9X9 pan (9 of them) and now they're "square-cakes" They really look quite funny, Justin could care less, and I'm beyond embarassed! Everyone already kind of pokes fun at my cooking cause I am not the world's greatest cook and I don't even keep sugar or flour in my house, now everyone's gonna think I'm seriously awful at it. Sigh, I'm never gonna be Betty Crocker, or Sara Lee - I'm going to be the Go-To-Albertson's-And-Buy-Premade-Woman FOREVER. Who messes up CUPCAKES, ahem square-cakes?
And Justin's new habit for being 3:
J: Mom I'm peeing in my diaper.
Me: Well go to the potty then.
J: No, I think I'll just pee in my diaper.
Me: But you're 3 now, 3 year olds pee in the toilet.
J: Well maybe only 3 year olds who have Diego bikes do that.
I think I'm being blackmailed!!! I mean seriously, there have been a few times where his logic has been so there that I'm like, why aren't you potty trained yet, when you can think of all that. But now I'm convinced, he's blackmailing me!!!
Anyhow I have a 2nd batch of "Square-cakes" about to come out of the oven, do you think icing will help this situation? I should post a pic, but then you'll all laugh so hard you might get hurt, falling out of your chairs and such....oh man, I failed "Bake Your 3 Year Old Cupcakes For His Friends At The Park 101" - I'm such a failure!!!!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
LOL! Happy Birthday to your little guy!!! I want to see pics of the "square-cakes"! I'm sure they still taste good, and that's what matters to me (and the 3-yr olds), I use that excuse when something doesn't turn out right (quite frequently) "it still tastes good!"
I agree with Kara's "It still tastes good" comment.
And seriously . . . do you hear yourself? I know that you're probably not finding much humour in the sitauation right now . . . but I had to giggle at your "I'm a failure!" line . . . because you are so NOT a failure.
You love your boys to distraction and are willing to go above and beyond for them! THAT is what matters!
So let someone else be Betty Crocker/Sara Lee . . .
And as for the PT . . . don't stress too much about it . . . Christopher had the logic to PT at 3 . . . but didn't want to do anything about it until he was almost 4. Every kid has their own pace . . . so let it go . . . it's highly unlikely Justin will be in diapers when he gets to Kindergarten!
*HUGS* to you
and HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY!!!!!! to Justin! :)
Post a Comment