Wednesday, February 21, 2007

So, we were only able to wear our winter clothes for a short time this year! It was fairly warm until late November, then terribly cold through January...it's February now though and 70 degrees most days - so I think it's safe to locate our capri's and tee's again. Sandals too. I'm kind of sad my winter clothes didn't really get a work out this year - barely got them out and it is time to put them away. But it is beautiful outside.

The mornings are still a little chilly - in the 50's usually. So Kevin turns on the heater - I don't know why - and by 7 am when I wake up I'm ready to pass out from the heat! I turn it off as quickly as possible and then open doors and windows to cool the house down again! He's a nut.

So we've come up with our "plan of action" for potty training Justin. He gets 1 pair of underwear per day, if he pees or poops in them - he goes back into diapers and gets to try again tomorrow. If he makes it to bathtime (at 6:30) then he gets a Chuck E. Cheese token - when he has 30 we'll go to Chuck E. Cheese. I didn't think he'd get it because it's kind of elaborate - but he totally did. He peed and pooped (glare) in his underwear yesterday right before his nap (after using the toilet 3 or 4 times before that) and when I took away his underwear he said, no token? I told him nope, he could try again tomorrow, and he said ok. Then at bathtime he said underwear tomorrow? When I told him yes he said, ok I'll potty in the toilet for my token at bathtime tomorrow. So I think he does get it. We're making a bag (paper lunch bag) for him to keep them in today (he's going to decorate it). Hopefully he'll be potty trained soon. I just need to find something to settle him enough to actually use the bathroom when he's sitting on the toilet he's usually a little anxious and worked up over it....maybe it just comes with time?

Today we're gonna finish up some units of Jakey's school work and I'm going to work with Justin on his shapes....he's got circle down, next we're gonna do square. I think that if he gets his shapes down he'll start to be able to print letters.

I feel like I need to "Spring Clean" too and get rid of clothes that don't fit the boys so that I can see how many shorts/tee shirts they have and we have. Definately something I need to get started on....I should also get those pics uploaded....anyhow what am I doing sitting here?! I gotta get stuff done! :)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Good luck with the potty training thing! I hope he really starts to get it and can go to Chuck e Cheese soon! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed