Well, at least I'm in a better mood today! I had a few moments that were rough, but overall I'm feeling pretty good today. Thank you for the comments about yesterday, I'm sure that prayers offered in our behalf are what's helping me to turn this around. We finally got the paperwork all straight for Kevin's check - so we should have it by Friday at the latest, we're REALLY hoping that it'll be here on Thursday. Some of our friends are offering to bring soda, or whatever small things they can to turn the birthday party into a "potluck" which is nice. There is a $20 bike at Walmart and Kevin swears that Justin won't care that Diego isn't on it as long as he gets a bike, so that's something I'm considering but I might see if my mom will help with it, cause I just feel like he doesn't ask for much, he should at least be able to have the bike he wants, yk? The guy said he'd have Kevin come in for the drive test today but never called back....so I just don't know...
In good news, I feel so crafty! I am NOT a crafty person AT ALL and I was asked to come up with the craft for tomorrow's Valentine's Day party we're having. Well after browsing a few things online, I came up with these adorable little potpurri satchel heart shaped thingies that hang from a door knob...and I had ON HAND everything but the ribbon, which I got for $1 at the $1 store! Yay! I made one to show the kids how to do it and it turned out really cute.
In other news, Jakey got a 100% on his spelling test, this is HUGE. He CANNOT spell at all, and is very literal with spelling, everything is very phoenetic...but he REMEMBERED!!! H-A-L-F spells half, and T-R-U-T-H spells truth!! Yay! I finally felt like I accomplished something as far as teaching him to spell goes.
Kevin and I spent one hour cleaning the house and it felt so good to just do it....I HATE cleaning and I'm SOOOO depressed right now but it really had to be done. Plus i'd just had a long phone conversation with a friend who's wearing a cast on her leg after foot surgery and she was cleaning her house and it made me feel like a slacker. LOL So we scrubbed for an hour and then played rock, paper, scissors to decide who would vacuum...I won! (I usually win, Kevin ALWAYS puts out scissors.)
Anyhow I had a few breakdowns today, especially when Justin would tell me how much he wants the Diego bike for his birthday, or when Jakey told us he's on the last boss on Kingdom Hearts (the first one) and really wants to get the 2nd one (isn't that lame to cry over?) and then I cried cause he's about to lose his front teeth and I keep hoping they hold out a little longer so that the toothfairy doesn't have to come right now. I'm overly emotional right now...it stinks.
Anyhow, I didn't want my last post to be the one that was up anymore - it's going to be ok. We'll just keep praying and paying our tithing and it'll be ok, I'm sure of it.
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
Well I just commented on your other post and now I get to comment on a happier one . . . I'm glad things are slowly starting to come together for ya'll!
Excellent news on Jakey's spelling btw! :)
And yes, Father is BOUND (meaning obligated) to bless you if you pay your tithing! Keep it up girl! *HUGS*
I'm glad you are feeling better today :)I hope things start looking up.
Post a Comment