This is my favorite pic of Kevin and Jakey - over the years it's been saved really small, but I have the original and I just love this pic.

Here's a bigger version of the pic in my header - how many of our bridesmaids/maid of honor/best man/groomsmen do we have regular frequent contact with today - none. How weird is that?!

Jakey right before the ceremony - during the ceremony Kev's best man held him and he threw up ALL OVER him while we were saying our vows, I wanted to stop and clean him up but someone tossed a receiving blanket up and since the best man was a father of a boy the same age as Jakey he waved to us to just keep going, that he was fine. LOL

Us during our first toast...don't worry - it's sparkling cider! No alcohol at our wedding, we didn't want to pay for the permit. LOL Anyhow, you can see the mole I mentioned having and being self concious of all these years til I had it removed 4 years ago...I HATE this picture for that reason. Some day I'll get good at photo editing and I'll make it better! LOL

Us during our first dance. We danced to "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Mark Chestnut (not Aerosmith!) and you can see Jakey's exersaucer in the background. While everyone danced Jakey and his friend (the best man's son) partied in their saucers on the dance floor.

A shot of the back of my dress - it was bustled, this dress was like 15 feet behind me unbustled and it was HOT and weighed like 30 lbs by itself without petticoats...what a monstrosity in early April, it was HOT that day! LOL

This is us through the years - the first picture is of our first date - it's a button in black and white that we had done at the mall when we were Christmas shopping on our first date. The second picture was taken while I was pregnant with Jakey, the 3rd when Jakey was about a year old. The others are all about a year apart the last one being from 2006.

This was taken this last fall - you can't tell but the kids are between us, just down low out of the picture, that's why there is so much space, LOL.

In total we've been together 10.5 years, married for 8 of them. In November of 2005 we went to the Manti temple and had this "for time" marriage made eternal, a 2nd wedding day! We don't really celebrate our anniversary on April 7th anymore because our eternal marriage seems more important to us now, but it's still nice to remember the day we were married civilly.
Happy Anniversary, Kevin!

6 comments:
Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!
Congrats on 8 years . . . hope the next 88 are even better! :)
Love is grand! Happy, happy day!
Happy Anniversary!!!!
happy day to you!
that is so cool that our anniversaries are so close... we are april 9th, 6 years.
love it!
Post a Comment