Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pinewood Derby

So yesterday was Jakey's pack's Pinewood Derby Race. My mom came with us and before she came over we were talking on the phone and she said, "so what kind of wood is his car made out of?" and I said, "hmmm I don't know, Kev what kind of wood is Jakey's car made out of?" He looked at me like I've lost all my marbles and says, "Pine. Wood." LOL Oh yeah.

Anyhow, Jakey had a rockin little car, but it only weighed 2 oz, so at weigh in and registration he had to put a 3 oz weight on it in order to be able to race. Unfortunately it wasn't a very strategically placed weight and it really slowed down the car.



That would be Jakey's car trailing behind. Jakey took it in stride though, he won "Best Paint Job" for some killer flames Kevin's sister painted on for him. So he was pretty happy.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Way to go Jakey!

LOL @ the Pine wood! That is so something I would say! :)

Jennie said...

how fun! and let's be honest... does it really matter how fast it goes? what matters is how cook it looks!

Jennie said...

and... what is your calling?! i am dying here!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Congratulations, Jacob! Way to go! You must love the paint job--flames! That's cool!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed