Kevin came to the realization during a heart to heart we had the other day, that we both, especially him (his words) spend too much time online. He (and I at some points but not since last August) played the game World of Warcraft. Kevin had achieved the highest level of the game (70) with three characters (it doesn't end there, it's just the highest level your character can go). (I have one level 70 character from when I played.) On Saturdays he was committed to raiding for 5-8 hours (during the middle of the day) and on Wednesday nights he was raiding for 2-4 hours, plus other time he was spending on the game.
We discussed what we want for our children and for us, and decided to both really back off the computer so much, so I've been scarce. Kevin has been helping with homework and chores around the house during his free time and I've been spending more time finding ways to keep up the houes and organizing a household binder with all of the important information in it that Kevin would need to do something like pay a bill or decide what groceries we need to buy or call a pediatrician for one of the kids.
Tonight Kevin sold the creativity of his password (since you can't buy or sell WoW accounts or the time you spent leveling a character) we sold the creativity of a super cool password. You'd be surprised how much three level 70 characters go for, REALLY surprised. He truly is done with the game. I'm so proud of him! I've felt for a while that it was coming between us, but didn't want to be the wife who says "quit the game!"
We're planning some fun stuff for this weekend with the kids, the agenda for tomorrow is:
* have his employer fix his check, they left off a bundle!
* go to the bank
* take the boys for hair cuts
* walmart
* costco
Well time to sneak into bed and cuddle my sweet little baby. Night all!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
i know people do get wrapped up in these on line games. i find myself sitting here for 8 hours at a time. i have carved done my lists of places to visit tremendously. you, my friend, are still right at the top of my list-only behind my daughter, sara......
My hubby is way into WoW too. I had an account for awhile but I just didn't play enough to make it worth it. Adam's computer playing is a source of contention in our marriage. There are good days and bad days.
Post a Comment