Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tired=Cranky

There is definitely a direct correlation between how tired I am and how grumpy/cranky I am. I don't really have a reason to be tired, I went to bed last night at about 10:15 and slept until 6:15 without nursing Jayden and then laid in bed and nursed her until 7:00 am but dozing off and on, so like I said, there are women reading this blog who are up all night peeing, breastfeeding, bottlefeeding, soothing toddlers, or just in general not sleeping as well as I do, and yet I'm exhausted!

So today I'm tired and I ask Kev, "What do you want for dinner?" and he says, "I don't care." Well that's a lie. He does care. And he's tired/grumpy/cranky too! LOL So when I tell him I'm making Chicken Helper then because I'm tired, he says, "oh, a BOXED dinner..." supremely disappointed.

So now I'm sitting here, defrosting the chicken, Justin's napping (too late in the day I know, and I'm going to pay for it later, I know, but man I'm exhausted) and Jayden's bouncing in her jumper, and Jakey's playing his Gameboy and I'm thinking, I don't even think I'm ambitious enough for a BOXED dinner! LOL How upset do you think he'd be if I just ordered pizza? LOL

I'm gonna email Rachel this evening when Jayden's down about moving my blog...so stay tuned, I might change my blog addy - blogger is making me a little crazy. We'll see - I like some things about it, but I frequently can't see my posts after I put them up and my connection to it times out ALOT.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I get the same way, the more tired I am the more cranky I get, which is really bad since I'm sooo exhausted this pregnancy! My poor family lol. We had a boxed dinner tonight, Hamburger Helper. Nate doesn't mind, but if he did I'd tell him to go ahead and make something else then. If you are the one who has to cook then he can live with whatever it is you make lol. :D

Stacey said...

Ditto to Kara's comments. If he doesn't want a boxed dinner,he can make his his own food. So there.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I was so late getting around that we had cheese omelets! My hubby doesn't mind. I am so swamped with this city work. I, too, get enough sleep but am still tired. Must be the weather!
Sorry to hear you are unhappy with blogger. I have no trouble with it.

Jennie said...

i am so with you on the tired = cranky! i am that way too... i need my sleep!

Beth said...

Yes, tired and cranky sooooo go together. (And yet for some reason I am up late, again.) :-P

I have found that it almost kind of sort of helps to admit that I'm cranky. Just declaring, loudly (to whoever's listening), "I'M CRANKY!" makes me laugh, which makes me less cranky. But maybe that's just me.

My husband really goes for simple meals. I make breakfast burritos (I swear it's just as easy as boxed dinner; it's just pouring cans of stuff together) and he is a HAPPY, HAPPY MAN. Tonight it was taco salad. Again with the can-pouring: can of black beans, can of tomatoes and green chiles, can of corn, taco seasoning, browned ground beef, simmer for fifteenish minutes; pour over chips, top with salad and shredded cheese and a diced tomato ('cause I was feeling ambitious), the end.

To make both my husband AND my picky toddler happy, I have been known to cook waffles for dinner. Once a week, even. Peel an orange or two and it's not even junk food. ;-)

On the other hand, there's really nothing wrong with pizza. Actually, there's a lot of things RIGHT with pizza. Mmmmmmmmm!

So, when it's late, I start to ramble. Have ya noticed?? LOL Just ignore me.

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. It made me happy. :-D I know I have been a bad blogger lately; I went on vacation for a week and seriously lacked motivation to write the past couple of days. I need to get back in the groove!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed