Sunday, August 17, 2008

Adventures in medical equipment shopping...

Yesterday Kevin got a sitter and we left all three kids (even though I fought very hard to take Jayden, he said NO KIDS) and went to the mall and shopped for the rest of my stuff for school. There is a uniform (should that be "an" uniform shop, or "a" uniform shop?) in our mall and we went there to get a patch for one of my uniforms and to look at stethescopes and blood pressure kits, etc. I was disappointed by their blood pressure cuffs, I ended up getting a plain black one but I wanted one that fit me more. Like my PURPLE stethescope - yep! PURPLE! Something you may not know about stethescopes - they kinda hurt your ears! LOL Anyhow after buying me $100 worth of medical equipment, Kev took me out to lunch at Red Robin where I dialated his pupils with my penlight while we waited for our order. My penlight has a gauge on it, that was seriously cool! LOL

After lunch Kevin dropped me off at my mom's house to go shopping with her for a while and we tried another uniform shop. This one had a blood pressure cuff that was cute enough to be mine, so we bought that and returned the plain black one to the mall. My new one has multicolored bandaids all over it. So pretty!

Other scores of the day were a cute pair of sandals for Jayden for $1.50 thanks to Payless's BOGO sale! SCORE! And a bigger size bow at Target! SCORE!

While shopping with my mom, for the first time in non-maternity clothes since my surgery (bloating), my belly button started having searing pain so I had to go home and rest. Darn that recovering from surgery! It's so deceptive because I feel fine most of the time, but every now and then there is a twinge that reminds me "hey buddy, you just had surgery!" OUCH!

Well I've finished my duties for my calling on the computer this morning (the incredibly late August newsletter! Oops!) and I need to hop through the shower so I have enough time to blow dry my long hair...stay tuned for pictures of my pretty purple medical equipment, my kids new church clothes, and FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL PICS!

2 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

That Kevin is a sweetie, isn't he?
I know a guy like that. We should keep them......

Beth said...

Your back-to-school shopping sounds FUN! Stethoscopes ... blood pressure cuffs ... very cool.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed