Sunday, August 03, 2008

Summer Vacation 08!

We went back to the beautiful R-Ranch in the Sequoias for our annual summer vacation. This year my parents have bought a 2nd share that they let us use and so we got our very own cabin! (I think they just don't want to hear Jayden cry or be awakened so early on vacation by my children! LOL) We chose to take our best friends with us, David and his wife Yaneth and their two kids - Cynthia and Ethan.

In no particular order...LOL

One night David and Yaneth and Kevin and I double dated - to the adult center. We quickly lost interest in being around only adults and went to the Family Center. We played Ping Pong and I have ZERO hand-eye coordination. No one wanted to be on my team and when I was paired with someone they would hog the whole side of the table and only rarely let me hit! LOL I don't blame them though because I kept hitting the ball under the Dance Dance Revolution Machine...which sparked the boys' interest...



I have an even better video, but I've been threatened with divorce if I show it...

And so we move on....Kevin and I! We played pool too, I actually did pretty good at pool...it stems from those weekend vistations with my dad when my parents were divorced, and my dad's family fun spots were bowling alleys and pool halls...I can bowl and shoot pool! Thanks Dad! LOL



We also did our customary trip to the Trail of 100 Giants...I love this hike, it's SUPER easy, I mean REALLY easy, it shouldn't be called a hike, it should be called more of a walk. LOL

Before


After


This is how Jayden spent much of our trip...



Justin rode a horse...that I led...LOL



And Jakey rode Taco, a horse that bit mine on the trail



Me mounting Spot, the pain in the neck horse. Spot likes to eat. A lot. And poop. A lot. And pee. A lot. LOL And Spot is SLOW. There was no "see Spot run" moments LOL.



And we swam. This is the closest you'll ever come to seeing me in a swimsuit...I have one, and all pictures of me in it have been destroyed. BWhahahahaha



And we played Horseshoes....Jakey and his first horseshoe!



We fished, but we didn't catch anything. We got bit by mosquitoes frequently. And it was a FABULOUS trip...we're going again next year!

4 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Why wasn't I invited on this great trip? It looks like so much fun!!!! Jayden is really getting big and so cute. Her hair is so blonde. I bet the boys slept like logs with all the activities you had.....

Tina said...

Great pictures, and I must say you are looking awfully cute! Vacation agrees with you!

Natalie said...

I wondered where you'd disappeared to. I'm glad you're back. It looks like you had a great time! :)

Natalie said...

Oh yeah...and I have a giveaway going on right now that you might like. Come on over and enter. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed