Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I tried to grocery shop for 2 weeks about 9 days ago....I failed apparently. I have about half of everything I need to make anything. Apparently if you buy them, the boys will go through 2 boxes of cereal IN ONE WEEK. And a few other key peices of information like that, were not taken into consideration. I even wrote down a menu and menu-shopped for everything I needed, how did I end up this way?

How do you shop? How often do you shop? Do you use a menu? Do you run back to the store for a few forgotten items alot?

Since Kevin and I share the car, and I don't have it much, and by the time he gets home from work I'm too tired to go to the store I try to keep my grocery shopping to his days off, but I failed this time! He was getting paid weekly but now he gets paid bi-weekly so it's an adjustment. Oh well at least we have a few bucks to buy some groceries til payday, right?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Bleh; I hate it when you run out of groceries! I feel like it happens to me a lot -- but I guess it's hard to keep from constantly buying bananas and milk, and we go through a lot of that.

I usually stock up on "essentials" (cereal is an essential at our house, and cream of whatever soups, and lots of other canned goods) -- I try to have an extra box of everything at all times.

But I never write out menu plans, nor do I have a specific day to go shopping. Usually I know it's time to go shopping when I find that it gets hard to make dinner with the ingredients I have on hand!

Case in point: I know I'll have to go soon -- we are out of eggs (don't eat a lot of eggs, actually) and ground beef -- but should I go tomorrow? I could make something with chicken tomorrow and procrastinate another day..

So I admire your attempt to have a plan when you grocery shop; you are ahead of me!! :-)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed