Kevin's birthday is on Sunday and I don't know what I want to get him for his birthday. He wants a Wii, but we can't afford that right now since we're still recovering from moving and his unemployment. Jakey is buying him a gift certificate for the movies (2 tix, popcorn, and 2 sodas) so that he can take Kevin to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles next Friday when it comes out. (Trust me, I'm not disappointed I'm not invited!) Justin is buying him a few new ties, he lost all of his in the move. And I don't know what to do for him. He needs clothes, but hates getting them for his birthday, he needs a new keyboard for his computer but that seems lame....so I just don't know. Maybe I'll steal Jakey's idea and take him to the movies a few weeks later when something more interesting comes out LOL. We're going to Tahoe Joe's too on Saturday night and then hosting a BBQ here on Sunday afternoon. (It's a combination thank you for helping us move, happy birthday Kevin party)
Kevin's working around the yard today - which is nice because it means a shorter day than usual, but it can be hard on the budget because we don't live on 40 hour weeks, and Kevin's only going to have about 40, maybe 50 hours for this week, which can be a little scary. But I'm sure he'll make up the hours next week.
I have Jakey's 3rd Quarter phone conference this week, that kind of freaks me out because we're still working on 2nd quarter stuff. We're a little behind because of starting late, but I am feeling the stress to finish up in at least early August so we can have some sort of summer. His teacher is very no pressure, we have until October to complete 2nd grade, but I'd rather clear our slate and start 3rd grade on time, yk? Everyone keeps asking us if we're still going to homeschool now that I'm pregnant. Of course we are! I love the flexibility, I can make appts for whenever I want and not have to worry about a school activity or being out in time to pick Jakey up from school, it's great! His school is having an open house tonight, but most of our school stuff is not unpacked yet so we're not going to go. Instead we're going to have pizza and let him stay up to watch American Idol - it's something he's always wanted to do. I'm so glad that they moved "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" to Thursdays at 8:00, I know he's going to love that show!
Is anyone else's kids bedtimes severely messed up from the time change? I don't think Justin fell asleep until 10:30 last night. And they're not waking up until almost 8:00. It's messing with our mornings! They're supposed to get up at 7:00, watch 2 cartoons and let me sleep til 8:00....now they wake up at 8:00, see that the cartoons they normally watch are over, flip off the tv and drag me out of bed without my even having one moment to start to wake up, to make them breakfast! And bedtime is a nightmare! Last night they kept jumping between their beds (we have them unbunked right now) and then pulled down some blinds....then they went in my room and Justin threw up all over my bed cause he had something in his mouth while he was jumping, choked a little, and puked everywhere to get it out. I was NOT happy with the two of them!
Anyhow I have to go clean the house because we're having a Primary Presidency meeting here at 1:00. We have a primary activity day this Saturday and so far only me and the president are going to be there....grrrr. And a teacher appreciation dinner next Thursday night....fun, fun!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
That's cool you get so much flexibility with the homeschooling :) Sounds like you are busy! You still need to get up some pics of the new house! Have a good day :D
I agree . . . we need pics! :) I'm happy that homeschooling is going well. Hope you figure out what to get Kev for his birthday. Sounds like a fun weekend all around though! :)
I still can't find that camera cord! LOL Hopefully Kevin can help me with some boxes this afternoon and I'll be able to find the cord so I can upload pics. I need to find my charger too, cause the battery is dead! LOL
Post a Comment