Just about the only thing that stays in my tummy is watered down lemonade with ice! I'm so glad something is staying in, especially something so yummy on such hot days!
I just got done grading some of Jakey's work for history. This past few weeks we've been focusing on events that happened in the Roman Empire during the Pax Romana (Roman Peace). This includes the birth and life of Christ. It was a nice unit because Jakey knew so much already about the birth and life of Christ that it felt like we were really able to glide through it easily. There was a point, when Jesus was crucified, where Jakey had to write a paper about the events. I loved his last sentence. "Most importantly, Jesus overcame death and was resurrected." That was not in the lesson (the ressurection). So I'm proud of him. (Also, those are Jakey's words spelled correctly, it would hurt my brain to spell that sentence how it was before rewriting! LOL)
I ordered a 120 page toddler/preschool worksheet set online (for download) and tomorrow will be Justin's first day of using it. We're going to focus on just learning basic shapes and colors and then we'll move onto recognizing numbers and letters. I am hoping to find things that Justin can do to help keep him occupied because Jakey and I are starting a very hard math unit tomorrow.
So here's a question, does this look like a second grade math problem to you?
487
-259
-------
??????
I don't know exactly when I learned to carry numbers and such, but I want to bet that it was NOT 2nd grade!!!! We're supposed to start that and cursive tomorrow. Jakey can barely print legibly, I think we're just gonna stick with printing for 2nd grade...in 3rd grade, I'll think about cursive.
I think, if nothing else, *I* am getting smarter through homeschooling. I couldn't remember off the top of my head what a pronoun was the other day, a refresher course later - he, she, it, we, they! Oh yeah, I so rock. Not, I mean really, who forgets what a pronoun is???? LOL
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

1 comment:
Ugh, cursive, I hated learning cursive. Sounds like things are going well with the homeschooling :) I want to get started teaching Toddler preschool stuff, but keep forgetting lol.
Post a Comment