Thursday, March 15, 2007

My ultrasound

It went well, there was a gestational sac, no fetal pole, or hb yet but the sac isn't measuring 6 weeks like we thought I was, which is a good thing, it likely means that I'm just not as far along as we thought. They don't want to officially change my due date until my next u/s.

The u/s tech was GREAT. She took an hour with me, going over what she saw, explaining how normal that is, showing me u/s' at my stage that look exactly the same that went on to have healthy babies, she was fantastic. Then she took me in my dr's office (like the kind with a desk LOL) and he said the same thing and gave me my options. I could go for bloodwork frequently to check levels, I could come weekly for u/s', do both, or just come back april 2nd when the baby will definately be big enough to see it's heartbeat and not stress about it. He said he'd do whatever I wanted and I chose to just go back April 2nd.

Sooooo, more info to come April 2nd - likely my new due date will be November 14-16th, somewhere in there. So I'll just keep praying!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for the update; I've been wondering! :-)

Sounds like a good appointment -- keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Kara said...

Glad it went well and the u/s tech and dr were so great. That's cool you get to go back for another u/s

Rachel said...

Yea! We get to be due date buddies.

Natalie said...

I'm glad all went well! And Congrats on being pg!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed