Saturday, November 10, 2007

The most said phrase around our house - "Get out of your sister's face!" LOL I made waffles this morning, don't get too excited - these were frozen-put-in-the-toaster kind, and I laid Jayden on the couch...every two minutes "Get out of your sister's face!" Jakey doesn't do it too much, Justin does it ALOT. I've seen Jakey pick her up straight off the couch and am kind of impressed with how careful he is with her head and so on, not to walk across a room or anything but to pick her up and soothe her when she cries or something. He doesn't even seem to need pillow propping anymore...he's pretty good with her. She HATES to be patted for burping or anything else but Jakey can pat her and she calms down. Strange.

Last night Kevin worked until 11:00 and I had fallen asleep at 9:30 nursing Jayden but had to get up to let him in, then I crashed before he even got done taking a shower and cleaning up from work...Jayden woke me up at midnight and Kev was already asleep and she began her marathon nursing session. She's been nursing for FOUR HOURS every. single. night. for a few nights now - from midnight to 4 AM...I'm SO TIRED. The worst part is not the nursing because nursing can be done in one's sleep - it's that she unlatches every two freaking seconds from midnight to 4 AM and I have to relatch her CONSTANTLY. Tell me this is the two weeks growth spurt and it'll end soon????

Anyhow, this morning Kevin went into work before we even woke up. :( I HATE his work. :( I mean I love that it provides for us and allows me to stay home, but I HATE that I'm always alone with the kids and I never get to see him. Kevin's mom would take the kids for me to get a break (well the older, non-breastfed ones) but I am holding out for that for next weekend because our 10th anniversary of our first date and second anniversary of our sealing is not too far away and we can only celebrate it next weekend...so we want to go to dinner and movie - BEOWOLF! Have you seen the previews for it? I read it in high school and loved it, Kevin too, so we're excited about the movie.

Well Kevin promises that he'll be off by noon so I'm off to throw in one more load of laundry and shower while Jakey pats Jayden to sleep, then we'll all get ready and I'm going to bathe Jayden for my second time ever - the crying is so heartbreaking to me! Well she loves the actual bath part she HATES having lotion rubbed on her, I know I should just fore go the lotion, but that's the part that makes her smell delicious! Anyhow, better get showered before Jayden wakes up and figures out it's Jakey holding her and not me!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

i am sorry you are not getting much sleep! that is hard!

and i wish you could spend more time with your husband... that is tough!

good luck!

Jennie said...

ohhh... and thanks for your sweet comments on my blog...

i am ok with it all... really...

Lorie said...

I hate that adjusting feeling like you are a zombie after baby comes home. Seems like you are doing pretty good. I have given you an award on my blog!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Sounds like things are falling into a routine, though it may not be the one you choose. It'll get better when she adjusts to this outside world....You are fortunate to have your helper. I know how lonwley it is for me when my hubby works 12 hour nights. I couldn't bear to be alone with kids...You are so much stronger than you realize!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed