Ah, folding loads upon loads of laundry while watching Clash of the Choirs, fun stuff I tell ya! Did anyone else watch this show? I thought it was beautiful! It's not over yet, so no one tell me how it ends.
I am proud to announce that I only have one more load of laundry to dry and then ALL of my laundry is done! My laundry hasn't been 100% done since February, before I got pregnant with Jayden! LOL I even put the boys' shorts away (except one pair for wearing around the house), so I'm really proud of that accomplishment!
Tomorrow begins the crazy, hectic, holiday weekend. My mom's school is having finals so they let out early and my mom is going to pick up the boys and take them to her house for the night and Kevin and Jayden and I are going Christmas shopping. Kevin's also taking Jayden and I on a date to a steakhouse that his boss owns that was just named one of Kern County's Top 10 Places To Eat! I'm excited, this is my last steak and potato (until my birthday) because in the new year I have a hefty goal in weight loss to achieve. I'm not really looking forward to battling the crowds.
I also need to find Family Home Evening ideas for the cabin next week and pack. We're leaving on Wednesday for the cabin. We have our own ownership up there but we didn't get a cabin (too full) so we're staying with my parents, which is fine, they have lots of space heaters! LOL And Kevin isn't coming up until the weekend. The boys are BEYOND excited to be going to the cabin. They LOVE building snowmen and having snowball fights! Plus Jakey found out today at school that his friends are going up the same week too and so he'll have a buddy for Bingo and sledding. The ownership in this cabin property is my favorite thing my parents have ever given me, it provides Kevin and I the opportunity to make priceless memories with our children. I love that they are so excited about this. They are MORE excited about the cabin than Christmas! LOL
Jakey and I also need to work on his talk for Sunday, he has a good start so far. Justin's super excited because we've been letting him stay the first hour in Primary instead of going to nursery and then just going to nursery for class time. By classtime he's ready to go back though and is screaming for "Papa Bob" the older man who is our nursery leader, so I don't know how he's going to take it come January. Because we're going to the cabin, this Sunday is his last Sunday in nursery.
Saturday night Kevin and I have an extended Ward Council dinner to go to at the church that I need to find a sitter for, I'm hoping to find a young woman who needs some service hours! LOL I'm excited to get to eat a grownup meal two nights in a row! LOL
Sunday night we're having our friends David and Yaneth over for dinner and to exchange Christmas presents with them and their children. This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas because it's more laid back then with our families, and less people, and just overall CALM, which is nice. Plus it's so neat to see how much our families have grown. When we started sharing a night together before Christmas with them 6 years ago, they didn't have children yet and we only had Jakey, now we've added four more kiddos to the mix in the last six years between us! Amazing!
Monday we have Kevin's family. This one is crazy. Kevin's family is not religious and so I spend the whole night wishing that it weren't all about the presents, LOL. Every year (10 years!) Kevin's grandma forgets to put my present under the tree which doesn't bother me at all, but it really upsets her and we end up staying late because when she notices us leaving without something for me she wants to search the whole house for my present, LOL. I've been promised this year my present will be first, which is fine, and funny, LOL, I just think it's a hilarious coincidence (which I KNOW it is, his grandma is SOOOOO forgetful! LOL) She really is so forgetful, when I was pregnant she took me to alot of my ob appointments and I would call her about 3 days before to remind her, then the day before, and then the morning of to remind her, and one time I did the 3 days before, and the day before calls, and the morning I called to remind her she was in a city two hours away! LOL She had forgotten all about my appointment! LOL Anyhow, Kevin's family's celebration gets CRAZY.
Christmas morning this year is going to be much calmer - I'm forcing the issue on this one. We're staying home until noon and then going to Kevin's mother's house, only for about two hours. She has ALOT of indoor pets (6 cats and 2 dogs) and I can't handle it at all. They're pretty good about keeping them off of me when I'm there but it's their pet's house and that's fine, I just can't handle all the animals. (I'm not allergic, I just don't like them LOL) Then we're going to my mom's house around 2 where we will stay through dinner time.
Wednesday we leave for the cabin!
So, I won't be around much....so I wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
Merry Christmas! Have fun...and I don't care for animals either, so I totally don't blame you on that. You'll have to let us know if you really get your present first or if it gets forgotten again. LOL!
merry christmas! i am going to miss you! i hope you have fun with all of your many adventures! i so can't wait to hear all about them!
thanks for being such a great blog friend...
We love animals but respect others , so our dogs stay kenneled when we have company.
Sounds like you have a very hectic schedule ahead of you. The cabin sounds awesome. Have a ton of fun there and all the other places you go!!!!
Post a Comment