My sweet little girl is SICK, SICK, SICK. She had been a little stuffy over the weekend and started coughing after church on Sunday, yesterday she was sick but like buy saline and put it up her nose type sick, then last night (always in the middle of the night) she developed a fever. Since she's so little ANY fever is NOT a good thing. I was worried about our insurance stuff because the boys' insurance STILL had not added her and sent us cards so I decided to wait until morning.
This morning I FREAKED OUT on the insurance company until they manually added her to the policy. We couldn't find a pediatrician to see her (STILL) unless I wanted to pay cash at her regular pediatrician and honestly it's getting really expensive, so I said screw it, if they can't get her a pediatrician then they can pay urgent care prices! And I took her to Urgent Care.
So, at Urgent Care we had a super helpful doctor and he did an x-ray of her chest and said she does have some fluid on her lungs, so he suspects bronchitis. They did a breathing treatment on her and gave her Tylenol for her fever and then we were released with some antibiotics because he thinks her bronchitis is bacterial, or at the very least she's getting a sinus infection from her nose stuff backing up into her eyes and green goop coming out of them. So, then we were released and on our way!
I picked up the boys from Kevin's sister and realized Justin was hacking up a lung himself! I had made dentist appointments for the boys so I took her prescription to the pharmacy and then ran to the dentist with them. At the dentist I was informed that Jakey needs 3 teeth pulled and Phase 1 of braces. Braces are REALLY expensive. Our insurance pays NADA. So...that stinks. They do pay for the teeth to be pulled so those are getting done next week and then he'll get Phase 1 started in February. Darn. No cavities though for him or Justin!
Then I went back to the pharmacy to get Jayden's medicine and the pharmacy says that the insurance is saying she's not covered. So I call them and FLIP OUT again and they say oh we have another computer system for prescriptions and she's just not added to it yet, but we can do that, BUT that department closes at 4:00 (it's 4:30) and so I'll have to call back tomorrow. So I had to pay cash for Jayden's prescription - it wasn't expensive - only $21.00 but still it's the point of the thing, my copay is $5!
Anyhow that was my very long day. Oh and tonight Justin spiked a 103 fever and he's seriously sounded sick, so we're going to his pediatrician tomorrow cause he's sounding croupy. Shoot me now. We're canceling all plans for the rest of the week and holing up in the house with chicken noodle soup, orange juice, 7 UP and movies! A storm is coming in on Thursday to last through the weekend so it'll help us feel good about staying inside! LOL
Well the grumpy baby calls...
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
Goodness! I hope everyone feels better soon! *HUGS*
i am so sorry you all are feeling so yucky!
i hope you get better soon!
When it rains, it pours. You can never have one sick child. You'll meet yourself coming and going. Hopefully, everyone will be 100% soon.
Post a Comment