Jennie tagged me for this Christmas Meme!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
At Christmas I like wrapping paper, for every other occasion, I like gift bags.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Usually artificial, but I think we're getting real this year...I've only had a real tree 2 other times.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually long before now, but this year we're doing it tonight, just barely 2 weeks before Christmas! LOL
4. When do you take the tree down?
This year probably on Christmas day because we're leaving the day after Christmas for our cabin. (My parents bought Kevin and I a share at their cabin retreat, so now we get our OWN cabin!)
5. Do you like eggnog?
I do like it, my kids don't but they say they do, ask for a glass and then don't drink it! GRRRRR
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Every year of my life until last Christmas and probably this Christmas my dad has bought me a porcelain doll, we haven't been speaking since Denny passed away, so he hasn't bought one for me. I love my dolls, and I'm so sad that this won't continue. I'm looking for a doll for my daughter for Christmas this year though.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
WE do, however, Justin is a baby-Jesus-kidnapper. Jesus is frequently missing because Justin doesn't want him sleeping alone in the living room, so he carries him around and tucks him into bed with him. I was super upset until he told me "I just want to be close to Jesus" who could argue with a little boy telling you that?
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Kevin, he always wants things i just can't afford to get for him, or at least I feel that way because I don't work and I feel stupid spending his own money on him...I know, I know it's "ours" but still.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom, I know her the best and I always see things she'd love. Her b-day is a few days after Christmas so I get her more than one present!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
At the time I thought this was the worst Christmas ever, now that I'm an adult I see it differently. My parents got divorced when I was about 10 (separated at 9) and when I was 12 my dad hadn't paid child support in a good long time. My mom was working several jobs, but it wasn't enough and our electricity was shut off in November, it didn't come back on until April. Obviously our Christmas was very tiny that year...my poor mom, our tree's lights didn't even light up but she tried so hard. I wanted some new clothes so badly and she got me a sweater from Goodwill. It wasn't very pretty at all, I hated it...but she was so excited, or at least she tried to be. Since we had no television to watch (no power for it) we played Monopoly by the fireplace every night together (my mom, my brothers and I) and so our other present besides one piece of clothing was the board game - Life to me and my brothers...again, I was sad to have to share my other present, because I was stupid and young, but we played Life and Monopoly for months every night by the fire until our power came back on. Then this was the worst Christmas ever, but now I appreciate all my mom did for us that year, and I know how hard it was for her.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I guess Home Alone, I'm not a huge Christmas Movie person, maybe Polar Express.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
a week or two before Christmas, I'm a total procrastinator.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
nope.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
peanut butter bon bons!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
WHITE!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Right now I just am loving hearing our primary kids singing "Picture Of Christmas"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Well, we stay in town, at our home at night, but travel around to everyone's houses and it makes me crazy!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
no
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel usually, I need to find her, we have a fiber optic one.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We open presents with Kevin's extended family on Christmas eve and then come home and open pajamas with our kids (I want them to look cute and match in Christmas morning pictures)!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Shopping at Walmart.
24. Do you buy gifts for your pets?
no
25. Have you ever been Christmas caroling?
yes, but not in a long time.
26. Hot chocolate or hot apple cider?
I like both, I drink hot chocolate more often though.
Whoever wants to tell us about their Christmas' is who I tag!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
I love that -- "I just want to be close to baby Jesus." Aww! Who COULD argue with that!
thanks so much for doing this! it was fun to learn more about your christmas traditions...
Post a Comment