Our closest friends are non-members but this was an important event so they chose to come to Sacrament Meeting today to be there for Jayden's blessing. Kevin's family (non members as well) came, even Kevin's formerly-inactive boss(he and Kevin have gotten really close these past few months and he's become active again) came with his wife and mother-in-law. Plus our wonderful ward family, we were completely surrounded by support and love for our daughter's blessing day!
Jayden was an ANGEL during her blessing, didn't make a peep, well from her mouth LOL. She looked BEAUTIFUL. The "for blackmail story" of the day was, during her whole blessing Jayden was FILLING her diaper, making all kinds of unladylike noises! LOL The men almost burst out laughing when it was over, and Kevin kept getting distracted by it, LOL. The young man holding the mic had the mic right at about her diaper level, and well yeah, the congregation got to hear her noises too. LOL
Then, my parents and our best friends came back to our house for dinner - we had ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, garlic bread and cake for dessert. It was a wonderful day. I was totally wiped though and an ungracious host because after my mom left I fell asleep in a chair nursing Jayden while we still had company! LOL They quietly excused themselves while I snored away - Kevin saw them out...LOL Guess I'm not quite as "recovered" as I try to be sometimes. Anyhow here's some pics...

Kevin's sister took this apparently she never heard of "say cheese" LOL

Kevin's family with us

Our friends David and Yaneth and their family with us -

Good thing that Kevin wasn't inspired to change her name! LOL

9 comments:
Your story of her poopy noises has me laughing so hard!!!!!
Great pics! Do you have one of just her in her dress? :)
I didn't know Jayden's middle name was faith. That's one of my top girl middle names...(I have a few.) It's been so much easier for me to come up with girl names then boy names. You guys make such a cute family. ;)
Great pictures! LOL at the poopy noises.
LOL@the filling the diaper . . . hooboy! :)
It looks and sounds like it was a very wonderful day! :)
This is a very lovely family pictures...Thanks for sharing them...
Mine is up too:
Every Beat Of My Heart
I was going to ask the same thing Natalie did, do you have one of hwer just in her dress? All the pictures are so nice. LOL to poopy noises~~
it sounds like you had a perfect day! i am so happy for you!!!
what fun memories... and stories!!!
lol!
Oh, Dawn, I'm so glad the day went well. Don't worry a bit about falling asleep. You deserve the break. I got a good laugh from the unladylike noises part. Gotta love a baby that can make you smile!
Congratulations on your day -- even if between spit up (I SO know what you mean about being thankful for white "matching" spitup!) and Jayden filling her diaper mid-blessing (too funny!)
Post a Comment