Monday, December 03, 2007

Oh man, I have one sick little girl on my hands! During the night (of course, all illnesses come in at night) she started sounding stuff and hacking up a lung. She slept sitting up, I was on my side with my knees bent and she sat in the corner my tummy and legs made sleeping all night. Then at 5:00 AM I couldn't stand it anymore and Kevin took her to sit up in the recliner the rest of the night.

I had a doctor's appointment for my 6 week checkup this morning so my doctor's family practice physician's assistant took a look at her for me and said that she needed a vaporizer and saline nose drops and to use the bulb syringe (we call it a "Booger Plucker"). So after my appointment I came home and did the saline thingy and set up the vaporizer and then laid down and nursed her - all of a sudden she launched forward and out came SO. MUCH. PHLEGM. and breastmilk and who knows what else...oh man! Plus the sheer force of that caused a bottom explosion too - I'll spare you those details, let me tell ya, it was NOT pretty!

She's having a hard time nursing because her nose is so stuffy, so she latches on, I let down, and she pops off to breathe and gets a shot of milk in the face...LOL That is kind of funny, a little sad, but funny too. She's gone through alot of clothes today and is currently swinging in her swing, which she's decided to like because it sure beats lying down. Poor thing!

I didn't get a picture of her alone in her dress because I'm taking her to have them done professionally so I didn't think about it. We're having this shadow box thing made for her room - it's a whole post in and of itself so I'll describe it another time, anyhow for the picture to be in too.

Anyhow, my appointment went well, I'm still losing weight! It's that baby-induced anorexia - can't eat cause she won't let me put her down! LOL We've decided not to take our fertility for granted. No TTC but no BC either...it's a huge waste of money and a slap in the face after all the money we spent on fertility treatments before we got pregnant with Jayden...so we'll see...we're taking our chances!

It's going to be so strange not going to that office every month. After going for a year for fertility treatments and then for the pregnancy, I've just been there so much! LOL Kevin joked that they're going to "give away my parking space" now! LOL

Anyhow, missy is asleep in her swing so I should start some dinner or something. I'll be around to visit you all this evening...I love reading everyone's blogs while I nurse but it's hard to comment then so I have to go back...anyhow just wanted to thank everyone for giving me something to do while I nurse! :)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Sorry Jayden is so sick. I'm sorry I laughed when I read about the front explosion causing the back explosion. If it redeems me any I've dealt with a lot of back explosions in the past 4+ months. I hope she gets to feeling better soon!

Natalie said...

I'm answering your question from my blog:

Yeah, we have a weekly newspaper and it's the funniest paper in the whole world. No real news. Just ramblings of locals about who went where to visit whom, etc. And then the local sheriff's department report...don't even get me started on that...it's hilarious!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Poor baby! It is so hard when they get sick cuz they can't explain what's wrong. I'll pray for her sweet, innocent little self.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed