I think that I might be training up a hit man! LOL
Today Jakey got his hand pads from when he was in karate and attached them to a long plastic toy from his room making a "hand" with it. He walked around the house playing with it for a bit, even bringing me Jayden's pacifier once with it. Then, after a while, he set it down and played with something else. Justin thought this hand was seriously cool and so he picked it up when Jakey had set it down. After a little while Jakey realized Justin had his invention and he wanted it back.
So, the boys come running into the living room screaming and fighting over the hand. I tell Jakey, let go of him - he had it and you're going to have to use your words to get it back or let it go for a while until he's done playing with it. Jakey looked at Justin for a few minutes thinking about this and then says, "Justin, come in our room so I can tell you all the reasons you should give me back that toy" with this look on his face that says, "I'm going to pound you until I get my toy back!" ACK! That wasn't the lesson I was trying to teach!
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

3 comments:
lol!!!
Inventive! Leave it to a kid! LOL
Oh man! :-D
Reminds me of that Peanuts skit (I think it's on the Charlie Brown Christmas one?) where Lucy tells Linus "I'll give you five good reasons..." and holds up five fingers, then puts each one down as she counts until she's holding up her fist. LOL
Post a Comment