Saturday, February 09, 2008

Awesome Leadership Training Broadcast!

Today I went to the World Wide Leadership Training broadcast at the Stake Center. It was awesome! Of course, I'm pretty partial to Elder Oaks (I love all the Apostles but I REALLY *get* what Elder Oaks is saying - he doesn't sugar coat ANYTHING). I loved the roundtable discussion format - it was much easier to stay in my seat for 2.5 hours.

Some of the things I took away from it were:

*My personal thoughts on my family's size. We're still in the "whatever happens, happens." mode of things, but we more welcome the challenge of having more children after hearing some of the counsel today. I think Kevin needed to be reminded that we've been commanded to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth in the same discussion as the Lord will prepare a way for us to do righteous things. But also, that it's ok if we don't have more children because we have been fruitful.

*Our FHE's, we need to work harder on it not just being a game night because I'm too tired, I've really let this slip. I can't raise a righteous posterity if I'm not teaching them anything! I think it was Elder Oaks who said something about children not hearing anything at church that they hadn't already been taught in their own homes (in regards to the scripture stories, and church doctrine, etc.) and I think I let some of this teaching slip since having Jayden.

There were alot of other thoughts that came to me from this broadcast, and I especially loved hearing our Prophet, President Monson, speak. Then in our building we sang "Love At Home" which I was surprised to find I knew all the words to all three verses to, without looking! (Jayden wanted to eat the hymnbook.)

So, did anyone else get the opportunity to see the broadcast? What'd you think? They even addressed my #1 concern, I walk away from broadcasts like these almost down on myself because I'm not doing everything I should, but this time, I didn't! I took away a few things I should be working on, the overall idea that I *can* raise a righteous posterity, and reaffirming faith in our prophet and Heavenly Father's plan for our family.

3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Glad it was a productive day!!

Natalie said...

It sounds like a great experience for you, I didn't even know about the broadcast.

By the way...I've tagged you for a meme if you want to do it.

Beth said...

Okay, trippy. I think you are online changing your template RIGHT NOW. (I like it. It looks springy! Even though it is far from spring where I am.) :-P

Anyway, I know this post is from forever ago, but I just love these kinds of posts (where we share what we learned in religious settings) and think the Internet should be full of them. So thanks for writing. :-)

I missed the meeting. Bad me. But my hubby went. I should read the transcripts when they put them up, eh?

Way to go on your FHE goal. I think I tend to cut myself too much slack in that department. Being tired makes it SO HARD to be a good mom! I often wonder if that is part of the test, to make our spirit overcome the weaknesses of the flesh. *sigh* It is a fine line, I think.

Just rereading your last paragraph ... yes, I am going to go read those transcripts! I'm sorry I was out of town and missed it! (Though that's not really an excuse, either; not like there's no church building in my hometown). :-P

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed