Whew! I have been unpacking, organizing, and cleaning our house like crazy the past few days! We're planning on letting Justin have an "amazing" birthday party on Sunday after church here (family get together, so we're still keeping the Sabbath!)
On Sunday we were asked if we could give a talk in our old ward this coming Sunday so we have that to do at 9:30-10:40, then we'll run home, where we'll have left the kids, and get them ready for 1:00 PM church (new ward). Then while we're at church Kev's family is going to come over and decorate the house with all the Bumblebee (Transformers) stuff I got at the party store (black and yellow ballons, Transformers table cloth, plates, center pieces, etc.) and set up the #1 thing Justin has wanted at his b-day party for YEARS - a pinata! Better yet, a Transformers pinata, better than that - a BUMBLEBEE pinata! He's going to be so excited! I can't wait to see his face!
I typically ask the kids what they want for their b-days and get the "I can't live without this toy in particular" item and pass on the rest to family/friends that ask, well Justin's "I can't live without this toy in particular" item was something I really didn't want to get him. A scooter. Not just any scooter, because I actually like the idea of him having a scooter as his bike doesn't fit in our car to take to the park, but a specific scooter. It's a Razor Cruiser. Yeah. So, it's kind of neat in that it's so wide, that should make it easier for him to handle, and Kevin had taken him to look at scooters and this was THE ONE. Kevin took him over a month ago to look at scooters and he told me again today - I want a Razor Cruiser Scooter, so I felt a little bound to get him the exact one that he wanted because he was so specific about why he wanted it - his words: it looks strong, like it won't break, and it's wide so I can have my whole foot on it, even when I get bigger. So, I bought the scooter today, and I rode it around the store - and I liked it too! LOL
Anyhow, he's going to be so excited! Now just order the cake - yeah, I do "amazing" but my baking skills aren't "amazing", but Albertson's are!
Well, I better get on addressing his Valentine's for his V-day party at his music class tomorrow. Funny story - on Sunday Justin freaked out and wouldn't stay in Primary, I mean full on screaming again - this was after his class, when they were coming in for closing exercises. When I got him home I asked him what was wrong - he knew we were going to sing "Happy Birthday" to him and he said, "You can't sing Happy Birthday with no cake, and we can't have cake in the Primary room, so I knew there wouldn't be any cake, and I don't like that song without cake, it's just not fun." So, tomorrow at Music Class they want to sing to him, and I just know he's going to freak out, I've been trying to prepare him, but he really doesn't want them to sing to him unless we're having cake. Little weirdo. Anyhow, V-day cards are calling my name...did you know that they come with Fun Dips ON the card now??? You know where you dip the little sugar stick into the little packet of sugar and lick it off??? Like PURE SUGAR, in TWO FORMS...oh yeah. :)
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

2 comments:
Can he send me one of those Fun Dip Valentines???
You sure sound busy!
Hey ! Fun dip is good! Tart and sweet and just messy enough.
Sounds like a fun party and you were worried about planning a good party!! I bet it's a great time...
Post a Comment