Monday, February 25, 2008

Race Lovin' Girl!

Today Justin and Jayden and I were bored and so we decided to walk down to Kevin's grandparents house before we had to get Jakey from school. Yesterday (and Saturday) NASCAR races were postponed due to rain (here in CA, shocker, I know!) and so they had the race on. We're big Harvick fans around here because he's from Bakersfield, in fact Kevin and I both went to the same high school as he did (he was wayyyy older than me, I think a senior when I was a freshman?)...anyhow so NASCAR is a big thing here.

So the race is on and Jayden is mesmerized by the TV...she usually doesn't watch any at all but wow, it was so funny to watch her stare at the race. When Kevin's grandpa would get excited she'd look at him and smile and squeal and then go back to staring at the race. She did this for like 30 laps, LOL!

Then Kevin called to say that he's coming back to town (he was supposed to be down south for a few days) and so we were all getting excited. Well...then he just called and he got pulled into the scales and his tail lights are broken so he has to try to get them working or he can't go on, so now who knows when he'll be home. And he was supposed to be around town doing some local work for a few days and then go back down south on Friday, but nope, now they want him back down south first thing in the morning. I'm going to demand he put his foot down (it's illegal anyways, he has enough hours to demand a 48 hour time off) and take at least tomorrow morning off. Poor guy is running ragged. He hardly ever has to work on Sunday but he hasn't had a day off since the Sunday before last and he is just beat.

Well Jayden's up...better go get her...she napped so good! From 3-6! Good girl!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

i am so sorry that i have been such a bad blog friend! life has been a bit crazy! i promise to be better!

love ya!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Bummer about Kevin and work. Hope he is getting some rest...
As far as Nascar goes, we watch faithfully. I am an avid Tony Stewart fan. I have a huge collection of memorabilia on display in our hobby room. I have underbed boxes full of Nascar HotWheels from the past 10-15 years. Our grandkids go nuts when we get any of them out for them and they know to NOT touch Nana's Tony stuff. Isn't that funny? Probably not as cute as Jayden laughing but funny anyway....

Natalie said...

Yeah, I don't get NASCAR, I saw part of a race once at my uncle's house, does that count? But we live eat and breathe baseball, even Kenzie gets into it. LOL!

Dawn said...

I don't always get it either, I mean a bunch of men going left, left, left, left, left, left, left, left, well you know...the only real excitement is when one accidentally goes right - eek!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed