Sunday, February 17, 2008

Justin's Party and our first day at our new ward.

Whew! I am glad today is over!

We started by going to our old ward, just Kevin, Jayden and me went, the boys stayed here with Kevin's sister. We spoke in Sacrament Meeting and said our goodbyes. I wasn't given a topic, told to just bear my testimony or do whatever I felt inspired to do, and as I was giving my talk I was saying some of the things we had gone through in Fairview Ward and realized, we didn't *grow up* chronologically in that ward, but we grew up *spiritually* in that ward. We went from a very newly active and new convert couple, to just a regular LDS family over these past 3 years. Kev got the priesthood in that ward, we served in callings that helped us grow so much, we went through the temple, were sealed, had Jayden, Jakey was baptized, all in that ward. Our family really grew there. Anyhow, it's all about the small and simple things...

"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." Alma 37:6


Our former ward was small and simple, but great things came to pass in that ward.

Then we came home and had lunch with the kids and tried to prepare them for their new Primary classes. Jakey could have cared less, he went through church just fine, met new friends, saw people he already knew, like his teacher and class, said that "the church is the same pretty much everywhere" yep, so true. Justin, however, it was like day 1 of Sunbeams again, kicking and screaming at the Primary door. Finally Kevin took him outside and had a talk with him and he went to the last bit of Primary willingly. Jayden could have cared less, she slept through all three hours, except for nursing a few minutes of Sacrament Meeting, LOL.

Several people went out of their way to introduce themselves to us. It was Ward Conference so the Stake Presidency was there (we're in a new stake now too) and so we met them as well. Well I knew one of the counselors, I had babysat for him growing up, but I hadn't met the others before. The mother's lounge was a little frightening by 3:30 PM on Sunday afternoon - yuck, but that's ok I'm not too shy to nurse in public and change my baby in the bathroom. Overall, I think we're going to be ok. The Relief Society President made a joke about claiming me before the Primary does - I kind of hope she does! LOL I'll do whatever is asked of me, but I secretly kind of hope for a little more adult interaction in my near future.

Then we had Justin's b-day party here. It went fine, well I got whacked by a bat that was going for a pinata on the arm, but I survived it...and decided Jakey does NOT need a metal bat! OUCH! My house survived the party in really good considtion and Jayden gave us an awesome present, she slept from 5:00 when everyone started showing up until 9:30 tonight, well after everyone left and I was cleaning up! Good girl!

Justin got alot of Transformers toys - specifically Bumblebee, and alot of doubles but he's REALLY excited about it because "now there's one for Jakey too", isn't he the sweetest little boy EVER? He even got two $5 bills and he handed one right to Jakey and said, "yay, two monies, so Jakey can have one too!" I love my boys! (Jayden too, but I mean specifically the bond between them as brothers.)

Well, nighty night all. I'm wiped. Still trying to get this yucky cold...blah.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts on "spiritually growing up."

Happy birthday to sweet Justin (soo cute of him to share with Jakey!) and hope you feel better soon!

Stacey said...

I'm glad he had such a great party. That is so sweet of him to share with his brother. :)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Such a great post. I especially liked the part about how you and Kevin have both matured in your lives, your marriage and your religion. Blessings to you all.

Happy birthday again, Justin. You are a very special brother!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed