Good Friday morning!!!
Jakey has wanted to have a sleepover for his b-day (in October) for so long, and we've talked and talked about why he can't have one then (it's too close to my due date) and finally decided to go ahead and let him have one, TONIGHT.
So, tonight, Jakey is having 2 little boys from our ward over to spend the night, he's really excited. I went to Michael's yesterday and I bought wooden models for them to do after dinner and some other fun stuff for them to do. And they're going to watch Haunted Mansion when they're done with that. I hope it all goes well, he's so excited and nervous about his first sleepover. LOL
I don't know what to think about what the doctor said yesterday, I really lean towards saying "just section me" because I am SO SCARED to fail. I was so depressed when Jakey was born by c/s and I completely failed to give birth...and then I failed at breastfeeding him too and I was like oh my goodness all my womanly parts don't work! Then with Justin I had huge guilt over not being able to give birth to him vaginally and that I gave birth to him too early, so I really FORCED the breastfeeding issue, it was a really long hard road but made the depression easier because I was able to get at least ONE thing to work right. I hate to set myself up unnecessarily, I'd almost rather just resign myself and say "this was MY choice" then have my choice taken from me.
Anyhow, we're still curriculumless! Where is our curriculum! I'd love to get started looking through and starting lesson plans and trying to get this school year under control but our books aren't here yet! Argh!
Well, I best get to cleaning the house so that these boys can destroy it...LOL I"d hate to rob them of that daily activity...LOL
Week 26: Recovering
5 years ago

1 comment:
I can understand your thinking on the c-section vs. VBAC, breastfeeding/not issues. (BTW, I read your comment on my blog about this topic, and I CAN'T BELIEVE what that woman at the mall actually told you off for formula-feeding; the nerve!! She was SO out-of-line! ROAR!)
Anyway. :-)
I found that my emotional health was definitely worth considering when making the VBAC/c-section decision. I realized that the way I gave birth didn't effect my mothering capabilities as much as my emotional state for the months following, so I definitely took that into account. It's definitely okay to consider that in your decision-making and weigh your options until you're confident in your choice -- the confidence makes all the difference, I think.
Good luck with your decision. *hugs*
Post a Comment