Monday, August 13, 2007

Good Monday Afternoon everyone!!

I am a HUGE fan of Michael's, I just have to share, LOL! I went the other day and bought a bunch of clearance crafts and when the "I'm bored!" gets to be too much I whip out a small $1 craft (that from Michael's comes complete with whatever markers or paint the project calls for, even the glue if it calls for that!) and the boys happily craft away. They've made models and bookstands, painted clay figurines and picture frames, all for a dollar each! My sanity is worth a few bucks here and there! LOL

Our primary program is next month - on the 23rd. Our music person had been sick for a long time and we finally just had to release him because the kids needed to learn the songs. The only person we felt could whip our primary into shape before the program is a seminary teacher so we had to get special permission for her to do our music in primary - thankfully she accepted the call and the stake presidency ok'ed it! SHe's done wonders with the kids....some have solos, some are singing duets, it sounds gorgeous. Although, we teachers have our fair share of carrying a tune to do too. (That's my least favorite part.) But it finally feels like the program is coming together. Jakey's going to re-give a talk he gave in Primary in July about Kevin's conversion to the church.

In other news, people who can't make my mom's shower that she's throwing for me have been giving me gifts - yay :) LOL No really, I said don't worry about it, but it is cute to see what outfits they've found that i haven't managed to buy yet...LOL One friend is due any day and didn't want to commit to being there just in case and so she gave us some bottles. Well she's a new friend, what can I say, LOL Justin hasn't ever seen a bottle really before, he grabbed the bottle and started banging it on things he wanted to know if it was a hammer, or a toy hammer for Jayden. His 4 year old friend told him, no it's for babies to drink from and he says "why?" LOL They had the cutest conversation about some babies drinking from bottles and some drinking from boobies. A very insightful 4 year old said, "some babies like to be fed off boobies and some like to be fed of bottles, it doesn't really matter though as long as they like it and their mom is happy and they are getting milk." If only adult women could understand that! LOL

Friday cannot come soon enough, I'm really looking forward to my prenatal massage!!! I'm gonna lay on my belly!! Yay for that! I'm wondering if Jayden's gone head down because the lump she likes to poke out above my belly button seems alot bigger than it was last week.

Anyhow, time for an afternoon nap!! :)

3 comments:

Kara said...

Those $1 crafts sound great! I don't know if we have a Michael's here, but I should check, Toddler would love stuff like that.

Beth said...

Those crafts DO sound like fun!

And that is a very wise kid at that shower. Good for him!

Lorie said...

I wish we had a Micheal's closer! Those crafts sound like something my kids would love.

You have been nominated for an award, visit my blog.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed