Thursday, August 09, 2007

My appointment went LONG, but well...well not the actual appointment but you know how the wait can be...my appointment was at 10:15 and I didn't leave until 12:15. I was annoyed and hungry, but trying to remind myself "If I had a problem they'd fit me in the schedule, and when my dr is in the room, I'm the only patient" and it really helped that when he was in the room, I WAS the only patient and he took all the time needed to make me feel better.

About my swelling, my bp is GREAT, 118/70, and nothing is in my urine, so he said it's just normal water retention and that it's not a huge concern. I gained 5 stinking pounds! ARGH! LOL I told him of my hip to hip and in between pain and he prescribed prenatal massage given by the in-office massage therapist, my insurance ALWAYS covers 1 per week but he's going to see if he can get me 2-3 of them per week, but we just have to see if they approve it. My first massage is next Friday and I'll be her regular Friday am patient...I'm REALLY excited...if nothing else, to lay on my stomach for an hour!! LOL

I have to retake the 1 hour GTT because the lab doesn't have my results from before vacation - I thought I passed since no one called...ugh. And I got all my "3rd trimester" labs...I'm now on every two weeks appointments and I am going about 2.5 weeks between appointments because I want to go back to Monday morning appointments cause the office is less behind on Monday mornings...LOL So my next appointment is August 27 also I have a STUPID birthing class...I'm REALLY annoyed by this...on Sept 15th...ugh...I'm like I am NOT going to have a vaginal delivery am I? And he said, that even with my 2 c/s, after rereading my c/s reports, he really doesn't mind if I go into labor on my own, just seeing "what happens" as long as it's what I want, if I want to be sectioned as soon as I go into labor then he's ok with that too. I have been setting my mind up all along to just do the c/s and now I have the opportunity to have a vaginal delivery and I am kind of freaking out....what if I fail at it AGAIN?! Ugh. I don't know.

Oh and we had the birth control discussion - I'm just going to get an IUD, I really think that at 26, I just can't make decisions like that for my 30-40 year old self. AND, LOL, long appointment huh? I can deliver at 2 other hospitals besides the one that makes me sick to my stomach...LOL So he said that I can call and set up a tour of the other 2 hospitals (I've never had a baby or seen anyone have a baby at these other two hospitals) and whatever I want is fine.

Anyhow so it was a good appointment. Oh and I get my rhogham shot next Friday after my massage...fun stuff!

2 comments:

Kara said...

That's great you get to have a massage every week, I hope it helps! That's neat he'll let you vbac if it's what you want, most docs won't even agree to that after 2 c/s. vbac is awesome, but of course it's up to you and what you are most comfortable with :) Sorry you had to wait so long for your appt, I hate when that happens! Early morning appts are much better :)

Lorie said...

At the end of my pregnancy, I had a Chriopractor visit every 4 days and it helped so much, the last two weeks, I went every other day and it helped so much. Glad to hear you have a chance at a VBAC. I was never allowed.:(

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed